Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
Sealed water circulation systems in heating devices
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Sealed water circulation systems in heating devices

366

Published on

This is a document about an important component in any heating device, which is a sealed water circulation system. This will help prevent water leaks and also maintenance of these is very vital. …

This is a document about an important component in any heating device, which is a sealed water circulation system. This will help prevent water leaks and also maintenance of these is very vital.

Published in: Self Improvement
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
366
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
5
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Sealed Water Circulation Systems In Heating Devices
  • 2.  Sealed water circulating systems are used in underfloor  heating devices. In these devices, the apparatus that is used  for heating is installed beneath the floor and heat is  distributed to the rooms of the entire house.  Water is used in certain devices and in another type,  electricity is used for which there will be electric matting. Source:http://www.spiraxsarco.com/resources/steam-engineering-tutorials/the-boiler-house/water-tube-boilers.asp
  • 3.  In underwater heating devices, 30% of the heat is distributed  through the principle of convection and for distributing the  remaining 70%, radiation principle is used.
  • 4.  Pipes will be laid under the floor throughout the house for  circulating the heated water. For heating the water, a  heating apparatus like a boiler will be used.  There will be a thermostat for controlling the temperature  and for regulating the water flow, there will be check valves  in the actuator.  Looking at know more about thermostats, visit  http://www.arctichc.com/   In the device in which electric matting is used, there is no  need for water or piping.
  • 5.  The main point is that you can completely avoid the risks of  leakage by using special pipes that are efficiently sealed.  In sealed water circulating systems in heating devices, the  pipes used are highly resistant to heating. So, there are  absolutely no risks of leakage.  There are certain standards and the manufacturers of these  devices should strictly comply with them.
  • 6.  Underwater heating devices can be used in flooring of almost  all types such as ceramic, quarry tiles, concrete, slate,  screeds, etc. because all these materials can transfer heat  well.  But, you should ensure that the thickness of the carpets you  use with such heating systems is less than 12mm.  Wooden flooring can also be used but its thickness must be  less than 20 to 25mm and of course, this depends upon the  type of wood you use.
  • 7.  If your house or building has high ceilings, these heating  systems may not be very effective.  Since these devices are installed at the floor levels, the warm  air may not be able to reach beyond a certain height.  So, you may have to set the thermostat at a higher  temperature for heating houses with high ceilings. In these systems, all types of fuels like electricity, solar  energy, renewable energy, etc. can be used. Since the  circulating systems are completely sealed to prevent leaking,  there is no energy wastage. 
  • 8.  Further, the energy required for heating the water is very  less. The operating costs are also very less.  Since these devices are environment friendly, many people  opt for these systems.  Of course, the initial costs of installation may be high. But,  the benefits derived in the long run certainly outweigh the  initial costs.

×