1. To everyone who has come here today. There has been a huge demand for places, so we know that people are concerned about their services and other issues.Thanks to everyone who hasfunded this event, including the We hope you enjoy the dayScottish Government and Perth and learn something from itand Kinross Council too.
2. We hope you will share your stories and your experiences of campaigning.I have been an active campaigner for betterlives for people with learning difficulties formany years. I am a member of People First andthe chair of the Learning Disability Alliance.
3. I got together withI am concerned others to campaignabout the road about this.safety near where We organised aI live petition, got an article in the local paper, spoke to our MSP and to the Council. We spoke to the Community Council.
4. I joined the Access Panel formy area because they wereconcerned about safety andaccess for disabled people. Now I am a member of my Community Council. We talk about roads, anti-social behaviour, planning, judging gardens in Peebles - lots of things to do with making Peebles better. Sometimes the police come to our meetings.
5. OH and by the way, the road is already getting sorted! Work began just a few weeks ago If there is a problem in yourlocal area, you can get it sorted too!
6. Big PROBLEMS Our services are in danger
7. CUT BACKS – Services getting worse E T W ORSE G TO G IT S G O IN
8. LESS BENEFITS!Some local authorities arenow charging for services . People won’t have any money – they will need to stay at home.
9. Less Money and less support =less going out!
10. WE NEED OUR SERVICES!
11. “I’m worried about how people can make sure they get their support. How will it be paid “Councillors and for?” the public need to listen to what people with learning disabilities have to say” “People with power need to know more “People need a about what life is like service. If they don’t for people with learningthey will end up back disabilities. We need to in institutions!” be treated better”
12. WHAT CAN WE DO?Make sure we SPEAK UPTo politicians and people incharge
13. WHAT CAN WE DO? Make sure people LISTEN to what we have to say PROTECT people from the cuts where we can
14. Make sure peoplestill haveCHOICES FIGHT THE CUT BACKS
15. CAMPAIGN FOR CHANGE
16. People with learning difficulties always suffer.Why is that? Wedidn’t make the mess!”
17. People havealready been out campaigningagainst cutbacks
18. It’s about YOU and where you live - getting together with other peopleDifferent people have “There is noworked together from going back, onlydifferent groups and going forward and together we have we will fight to made a difference. make sure this is what happens.”
19. Some people from ourplanning group and fromLEAD Get Connected willbe filming during the day.If you want to tell us about There are signing upa campaign you have been sheets for people to tellinvolved in, find one of us the issues they arethem to speak to. interested in - so we can help people to keep in touch with each other. Make sure you sign up if you are interested.
20. Have a good day, enjoy the workshops andNow I would like to introduce go away andFiona Scott who is going to tellus about some of the campaigns continue toshe has been involved in. FIGHT BACK!