1. Supporting and controlling the marketing effort Aravind TS LEAD College of management
2. Marketing Information System Marketing Information is thefoundation of value delivery
3. 4’psFirms marketing programme rests on marketing information PEST TEST Micro and Macro environmenthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bU6tsscv9c
4. From data to information to knowledge• Information become knowledge when it is discriminated, classified, processed, and assembled, in a appropriated and subsequently usable manner .
5. Attributes of good marketing information• Relevance to decision making• Clarity• Accuracy• Timeliness• Objectivity• Precision• Cost reasonableness• Reliablity
6. MIS has to serve as a DSS DSS MIS Helps in decision making processData BankService
7. What MIS Generate ?Customer Data base Marketing Intelligence • NAME • Strategic information • ADDRESS • Changes in market • PHONE NUMBER condition • ELECTRONIC VERSION • Changes in customer • NOT REGULAR INFO: (Static) requirements • Emerging strategies of competitors • Opportunities
8. Data Warehousing and data mining• Data Warehousing :- stores information from various database into a single location• Process :- extraction , consolidation , cleansing ,filtering and conversion .
9. Extraction :- getting data out of original database and transferring it into database infrastructure .consolidation :- process of combining data from several sources into one databaseCleansing:- correcting dataFiltering :-removing unnecessary informationConversion :- Process of translating the data into the model used by the warehouse
10. • Data mining :- automated analysis of large data set stored in a data warehouse with a view to finding it.•Managers Job
11. Data warehousing + Data mining = MIS
12. Marketing control
13. • Marketing control is the tool for ensuring that the marketing programme of the firm are always directed towards its marketing objective Marketing programmesIt provides to test whether the desired goals and results are being achieved or not .
14. MC control KRA• Sales volume• Sales value• Market share• Market standing• Marketing costs• Profits
15. Tools for MC• Marketing Audit• Marketing share analysis• Marketing cost analysis• Credit control• Budgetary control
16. MC involves gathering information on marketing and comparing the achieved performance against the planned or budgeted performance ,using pre determined standards .