2. Kalanidhi Maran is the Chairman and
Managing Director of
Sun Network which is the
most profitable television
network in Asia.
3. He is the 17th richest Indian with net worth of 4
Billion US$ (Rs 18000 Crores) .
He is the highest paid business man in India.
He has won Young Businessman awards from
CNBC, ERNST & Young.
Prestigious USA based Forbes magazine named
him as "Television king of southern India".
He was also among the few representatives at a
roundtable with visiting U.S. President Bill
Sun TV was listed on the Bombay Stock
Exchange on April 24, 2006.
5. Gemini Tv
6. Surya Tv
7. Chintu tv
8. Sun Direct is a DTH satellite television provider in India ,
using MPEG-4 Digital compression technology
It is No 2 in South Asia with a customer base of 5.8 Million
9. • Sun Pictures is a film distribution
and production studio unit of Chennai,
based Sun Network owned by Kalanidhi
Maran. It started its operation in 2008 starting
with low budget movies and holds the credit of
producing India's costliest film
10. The latest films includes
Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai
11. • He is the son of Former Union Minister of
commerce Murasoli Maran, nephew of Tamil
Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi , and the
brother of India's textile minister Dayandhi
12. • He married Kaveri a Kannadiga in 1991 and
has a daughter named Kavya. His wife is the
Joint Managing Director of Sun network.
13. • He proved to be successful
in spite of his father's
political rivals ruling the
state for most of the period
since he entered the media
business. He also emerged
as No.1 in neighboring
states where his
politicians and business
men from those states.