Recruitment is the process by which
a business seeks to hire the right
person for a vacancy. The firm writes
a job description and person
specification for the post and then
advertises the vacancy in an
What are the top 10
skills that a company
looks for in their
A curriculum vitae (CV) provides an overview of a
person's experience and other qualifications. In
some countries, a CV is typically the first item that a
potential employer encounters regarding the job
seeker and is typically used to screen applicants,
often followed by an interview, when
WHAT IS A CV?
Your CV should be:
- A well-presented, selling document
- A source of interesting, relevant information
- A script for talking about yourself
Remember: The purpose of your CV is not to
get you the job. It is to get you an interview!!
What it should include:
• Choose a presentation format that allows you to headline key skills,
key achievements or key attributes.
• Your employment history should commence with your current or
most recent job and work backwards.
• Achievements should be short, bullet- pointed statements and include
your role, the action you took and the result of your action.
• Hobbies: Drop them if you run out of space!!
• Information that clearly demonstrates your suitability for the role and
enhances your chances of being short-listed should be included near
the beginning of the CV
• Include details of recent training or skills development events you
have attended which could be relevant.
• List all your professional memberships and relevant qualifications.
LET’S BUILD YOUR CV
In groups of 3 or 4, come up with some narrative
that you could put on a CV that describes what
AIESEC - the organization - is all about. You will
be briefed on your target organization on the
Sell your experience to the following
Come up with a summary on AIESEC geared to the
– Government job;
– Venture capitalist;
– MBA college;