Arttu was born in Raahe. He is a handmade teddybear by Anja Rautio.
The treasure of the Raahe Museum is ””the Old Gentleman”, the oldest diving suit in the world. The suit is made of leather and it dates back to the 18th century.
1. ARTTU the teddy bear - Travelling around the World In Iceland
2. Hello friends! <ul><li>My name is ARTTU and </li></ul><ul><li>I´m from Finland. </li></ul><ul><li>Students of RAAHEN LUKIO (Upper Secondary School) asked me to travel and experience other cultures and countries. </li></ul><ul><li>I´m the only polarbear in Finland (outside the Zoos). I´m very friendly and sociable. My favourite hobbies are arts, travelling and photography. </li></ul>Winter in Raahe. Arttu by the frozen Gulf of Bothnia.
3. <ul><li>Raahe is located on the northern shores of the Gulf of Bothnia. Count Brahe discovered the first Raahe harbour and founded the town in 1649. </li></ul><ul><li>The Old Town of Raahe is one of the best preserved wooden towns in Finland. </li></ul><ul><li>The present population of the town is 22.527 inhabitants. </li></ul>RAAHEN LUKIO RAAHE
4. ARTTU´S FAMILY I have a brother bear JOONA and a sister bear ANNI and 400 friends in my school. They often listen to my stories about my adventures in foreign countries.
5. <ul><li>Arttu´s hobbies are </li></ul>SPORTS CULTURE Raahe has a great maritime history. Here I am visiting the Raahe Museum and the oldest diving suit in the world.
6. FINNISH SAUNA
7. I love animals Photo: Niini Photo: Eva Photo: Niina Photo: Niina
8. Now I´m looking forward to learning something about your culture! Photo: Emilia
9. Would you like to tell me about your culture and take some photos of me visiting your country, please? Photo: Emilia
10. Content of my luggage: <ul><li>USB-datatraveller (save the photos, videos etc or </li></ul><ul><li>send photos by e- mail, please) </li></ul><ul><li>Diary (report or draw something about my visit) </li></ul><ul><li>Arttu teddy-bear </li></ul><ul><li>Information about Arttu-photography project on the Internet: </li></ul><ul><li>www. raahenlukionkuvis . wordpress . com / arttu </li></ul>
11. Please… <ul><li>Ask for a permission to publish the photos (we may publish those photos on our school´s wall, on our website or on facebook.) </li></ul><ul><li>If you need further information, please don't hesitate to contact me. </li></ul><ul><li>Thank you! </li></ul><ul><li>Aki Pulkkanen, Art teacher </li></ul><ul><li>e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org </li></ul>Address: RAAHEN LUKIO/kuvis Merikatu 1 92100 RAAHE FINLAND EUROPE