A constant search for a better way to achieve
goals and accomplish success:
◦ Gather evidence of current levels of student
◦ Develop strategies and ideas to build on strengths
and address weaknesses
◦ Implement those strategies and ideas
◦ Analyze the impact of the changes to discover what
was effective and what was not effective
◦ Apply new knowledge in the next cycle of
Members of a PLC realize that all of their
– focus on learning, collaborative
teams, collective inquiry, action
orientation, and continuous improvement –
must be assessed on the basis of results
rather than intentions.
begin the work
of a PLC develop their capacity to
help all students learn at high levels
far more effectively than those organizations that
PREPARING to become
PLCs through reading or professional development
Look at the school wide data.
Where do we begin?
◦ What do we already have in place?
◦ What data should we collect?
When do we want to review this data?