Be the first to like this
Major highlights :
• In the current season the monsoon is expected to be 85 - 88 per cent of the long term average (based on various forecasts).
• Out of 641 meteorological districts for which data are available, 224 districts (34.95 per cent) of the meteorological districts received excess/normal rainfall and the remaining 417 districts (65.05 per cent) received deficient/scanty rainfall during the season (as on 25th July 2012).
• The Kharif season crop (Paddy, moong, groundnut, chillies, cotton, soybean sugarcane and turmeric) have suffered and gross decline in area of each crops have been reported.
• In the current season, the most significant decline in area has been noticed in case of moong, which showed a decline of 35.13 per cent over last year and about 29.88 per cent over the drought year of 2009.