The term “mommy blogger” has been in use for nearly a decade but has never been less accurate and more misunderstood than it is in 2012.
Women bloggers are building incredibly strong platforms and communities but are still not universally respected by brands, PR people and marketers as the marketing partners they often are. Why do PR people and marketers insist on targeting this group as a monolithic whole, rather than as dynamic individuals? And how can brands make better connections to benefit both the brand and the blogger?
Appinions has written a guide for outreach to lifestyle and parenting bloggers which details:
- Why most so-called “mommy bloggers” are not exactly that
- The danger in relying on pre-packaged blogger lists
- Ramifications of a bad pitch to bloggers
- Pitching vs. paid or promoted content
- How to target lifestyle bloggers the right way
- Types of marketing partnerships brands can create with bloggers
It’s time for brands and agencies to abandon the broken mommy blogger outreach model, and instead formulate a smart outreach strategy that will take us away from cold, irrelevant product pitches to valuable long-term partnerships.
Check out our eBook to discover the right way to target lifestyle bloggers for your outreach strategies.