4. You havea modelof wherewe’re headedor should head.
5. Sign your portrait of the future.Leave yourselfa few notes about it.Give it to a classmatefor safekeeping.
6. “Everythingwe think we knowis a model.”
7. What is a model?
8. Whether mentalor mathematical,models area simpliﬁedrepresentation.
9. Models can help usto understand things.
10. All modelshave limitations.
11. Models can be reﬁned.
12. The world is at, nearing, or past the points ofpeak production of critical nonrenewableresources...The global climate is being destabilized...Freshwater scarcity is a real or impendingproblem...World food production per capita is declining...Earth’s plant and animal species are beingdriven to extinction... The Post Carbon Reader
13. Rapidly reduce dependence of fossil fuels.Adapt to the end of economic growth.Design and and provide a sustainable way oflife for 7 billion people.Deal with the environmental consequences ofthe last 100 years of fossil-fueled growth. The Post Carbon Reader
15. help us communicateinformation about...situations (context)modelsexpectationsand more
20. Stories...explainengage the imaginationspark new ideascreate a shared understandingpersuade Storytelling for User Experience