1. Signature and Name of Invigilator Roll No.1. (Signature) (In figures as per admission card) (Name) Roll No.2. (Signature) (In words) (Name) Test Booklet No. J—5 9 0 8 PAPER—III LIBRARY AND INFORMATIONTime : 2½ hours] SCIENCE [Maximum Marks : 200Number of Pages in this Booklet : 32 Number of Questions in this Booklet : 26 Instructions for the Candidates ÂÚUèÿææçÍüØô¢ ·ð¤ çÜU° çÙÎðüàæ1. Write your roll number in the space provided on 1. ÂãÜðU ÂëDU ·ð¤ ª¤ÂÚU çÙØÌ SÍæÙ ÂÚU ¥ÂÙæ ÚUôÜU ÙÕÚU çÜUç¹°Ð the top of this page. 2. ÜUƒæé ÂýàÙ ÌÍæ çÙÕ¢Ï Âý·¤æÚU ·ð¤ ÂýàÙô¢ ·ð¤ ©žæÚU, ÂýˆØð·¤ ÂýàÙ ·ð¤ Ùè¿ð Øæ2. Answers to short answer/essay type questions are to be given in the space provided below each question ÂýàÙô¢ ·ð¤ ÕæÎ ×ð¢ çÎØð ãéØð çÚU€Ì SÍæÙ ÂÚU ãè çÜUç¹ØðÐ or after the questions in the Test Booklet itself. §â·ð¤ çÜ° ·¤ô§ü ¥çÌçÚU€Ì ·¤æ»Á ·¤æ ©ÂØô» Ùãè¢ ·¤ÚUÙæ ãñÐ No Additional Sheets are to be used. 3. ÂÚUèÿææ ÂýæÚUÖ ãôÙð ÂÚU, ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ¥æÂ·¤ô Îð Îè ÁæØð»èÐ ÂãÜðU3. At the commencement of examination, the question ÂUæ¡¿ ç×ÙÅU ¥æÂ·¤ô ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ¹ôÜÙð ÌÍæ ©â·¤è çÙÙçÜç¹Ì booklet will be given to you. In the first 5 minutes, you are requested to open the booklet and Áæ¡¿ ·ð¤ çÜU° çÎØð ÁæØð¢»ð çÁâ·¤è Áæ¡¿ ¥æÂ·¤ô ¥ßàØ ·¤ÚUÙè ãñ Ñ compulsorily examine it as below : (i) ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ¹ôÜÙð ·ð¤ çÜU° ©â·ð¤ ·¤ßÚU ÂðÁ¤ÂÚU ÜU»è âèÜU (i) To have access to the Test Booklet, tear off the ·¤ô È¤æÇ¸U Üð¢UÐ ¹éÜè ãé§ü Øæ çÕÙæ SÅUè·¤ÚU-âèÜU ·¤è ÂéçSÌ·¤æ paper seal on the edge of this cover page. Do not Sßè·¤æÚU Ù ·¤Úð¢UÐ accept a booklet without sticker-seal and do not accept an open booklet. (ii) ·¤ßÚU ÂëDU ÂÚU ÀUÂð çÙÎðüàææÙéâæÚU ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ·ð¤ ÂëDU ÌÍæ (ii) Tally the number of pages and number of ÂýàÙô¢ ·¤è â¢Øæ ·¤ô ¥‘ÀUè ÌÚUã ¿ñ·¤ ·¤ÚU Üð¢U ç·¤ Øð ÂêÚðU ãñ¢UÐ questions in the booklet with the information ÎôáÂê‡æü ÂéçSÌ·¤æ çÁÙ×ð¢ ÂëDU / ÂýàÙ ·¤× ãô¢ Øæ ÎéÕæÚUæ ¥æ »Øð printed on the cover page. Faulty booklets due ãô¢ Øæ âèçÚUØÜU ×ð¢ Ù ãô¢ ¥ÍæüÌ ç·¤âè Öè Âý·¤æÚU ·¤è ˜æéçÅUÂê‡æü to pages/questions missing or duplicate or not ÂéçSÌ·¤æ Sßè·¤æÚU Ù ·¤Úð¢U ÌÍæ ©âè â×Ø ©âð ÜUõÅUæ·¤ÚU ©â·ð¤ in serial order or any other discrepancy should SÍæÙ ÂÚU ÎêâÚUè âãè ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ Üð ÜðÐ U §â·ð¤ çÜ° be got replaced immediately by a correct booklet from the invigilator within the period of 5 ¥æÂ·¤ô Âæ¡¿ ç×ÙÅU çÎØð ÁæØð¢»ðÐ ©â·ð¤ ÕæÎ Ù Ìô ¥æÂ·¤è minutes. Afterwards, neither the question ÂýàÙ-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ßæÂâ Üè ÁæØð»è ¥õÚU Ù ãè ¥æÂ·¤ô ¥çÌçÚUQ¤ booklet will be replaced nor any extra time will â×Ø çÎØæ ÁæØð»æÐ be given. 4. ¥‹ÎÚU çÎØð »Øð çÙÎðüàæô¢ ·¤ô ŠØæÙÂêßü·¤ ÂÉ¸ð¢UÐ4. Read instructions given inside carefully.5. One page is attached for Rough Work at the end of 5. ©UžæÚU-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ·ð¤ ¥‹Ì ×ð¢ ·¤“ææ ·¤æ× (Rough Work) ·¤ÚUÙð ·ð¤ the booklet before the Evaluation Sheet. çÜ° ×êËØæ¢·¤Ù àæèÅU âð ÂãÜð °·¤ ÂëDU çÎØæ ãé¥æ ãñÐ6. If you write your name or put any mark on any part 6. ØçÎ ¥æÂ ©žæÚU-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ ÂÚU ¥ÂÙæ Ùæ× Øæ °ðâæ ·¤ô§ü Öè çÙàææÙ of the Answer Sheet, except for the space allotted for çÁââð ¥æÂ·¤è Âã¿æÙ ãô â·ð¤, ¤ç·¤âè Öè Öæ» ÂÚU ÎàææüÌð Øæ ¥¢ç·¤Ì the relevant entries, which may disclose your identity, you will render yourself liable to ·¤ÚUÌð ãñ¢ Ìô ÂÚUèÿææ ·ð¤ çÜØð ¥Øô‚Ø ƒæôçáÌ ·¤ÚU çÎØð ÁæØð¢»ðÐ disqualification. 7. ¥æÂ·¤ô ÂÚUèÿææ â×æ# ãôÙð ¤ÂÚU ©žæÚU-ÂéçSÌ·¤æ çÙÚUèÿæ·¤ ×ãôÎØ ·¤ô7. You have to return the Test booklet to the ÜUõÅUæÙæ ¥æßàØ·¤ ãñ ¥õÚU §âð ÂÚUèÿææ â×æç# ·ð¤ ÕæÎ ¥ÂÙð âæÍ invigilators at the end of the examination ÂÚUèÿææ ÖßÙ âð ÕæãÚU Ù Üð·¤ÚU ÁUæØð¢Ð compulsorily and must not carry it with you outside the Examination Hall. 8. ·ð¤ßÜ ÙèÜð / ·¤æÜð ÕæÜU Œßæ§ZÅU ÂñÙ ·¤æ ãè §SÌð×æÜ ·¤Úð¢UÐ8. Use only Blue/Black Ball point pen. 9. ç·¤âè Öè Âý·¤æÚU ·¤æ â¢»‡æ·¤ (·ñ¤Ü·é¤ÜðÅUÚU) UØæ Üæ» ÅðUÕÜ9. Use of any calculator or log table etc. is prohibited. ¥æçÎ ·¤æ ÂýØô» ßçÁüÌ ãñÐ10. There is NO negative marking. 10. »ÜÌ ©žæÚU ·ð¤ çÜ° ¥¢·¤ Ùãè¢ ·¤æÅðU ÁæØð¢»ðÐJ—5908 1 P.T.O.
2. LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ °ß´ âê¿Ùæ çß™ææÙ PAPER—III ÂýàÙ-Â˜æ—IIINOTE : This paper is of two hundred (200) marks containing four (4) sections. Candidates are required to attempt the questions contained in these sections according to the detailed instructions given therein.ÙæðÅ Ñ Øã ÂýàÙ Â˜æ Îæð âæñ (200) ¥´·¤æð´ ·¤æ ãñ °ß´ §â×ð´ ¿æÚ (4) ¹´Ç ãñÐ ¥ØçÍüØæð´ ·¤æð §Ù ×ð´ â×æçãÌ ÂýàÙæð´ ·¤æ ©žæÚ ¥Ü» çÎØð »Øð çßSÌëÌ çÙÎðüàææð´ ·ð¤ ¥ÙéâæÚ ÎðÙæ ãñÐJ—5908 2
3. SECTION - I ¹‡ÇU—INote : This section contains five (5) questions based on the following paragraph. Each question should be answered in about thirty (30) words and carries five (5) marks. (5x5=25 marks)ÙæðÅ Ñ §â ¹´Ç ×ð´ çÙÙçÜç¹Ì ¥Ùé‘ÀðÎ ÂÚ ¥æÏæçÚÌ Âæ¡¿ (5) ÂýàÙ ãñ´Ð ÂýˆØð·¤ ÂýàÙ ·¤æ ©žæÚ Ü»Ö» Ìèâ (30) àæŽÎæð´ ×ð´ ¥ÂðçÿæÌ ãñÐ ÂýˆØð·¤ ÂýàÙ Âæ¡¿ (5) ¥´·¤æð´ ·¤æ ãñÐ (5x5=25 ¥´·¤) There have been two periods in the Age of Computers in libraries. The first was that of library automation —the use of computers to make library processes such as circulation, cataloguing, serials control, and online searching more efficient. The second has been that of library digitization, in which some of the content accessed by means of libraries is found in digitized form and is stored and made accessible in computer systems. Library automation is so well established that the card catalogue and such artifacts as the Kardex seem as quaint as spinning jennies. Library digitization, by contrast, is in a muddled state and has an unpredictable future. It has built on the very considerable achievements of the library automation movement but has not carried on that movement’s commitment to the computer as a tool. One notable example of this is the present generation of web-based catalogues, which are in many ways inferior not only to the first generation of OPACs but also to a well-maintained card catalogue. The central question that librarians must address (and which pervades the wider society as well as our own profession) is what happens when technology ceases to be a means to an end (library service) and becomes an end in itself ? No serious person believes that, at a certain level of inquiry, resources available on the Web are superior to the contents of a well-run library, but many act as if it were so. By the phrase “a certain level of inquiry” I mean research that goes beyond the mere gathering of data and information. At that level, only a minute percentage of the world’s recorded knowledge is available only on the Web, but college students don’t believe this, and their consequent behavior is (at least tacitly) encouraged, when instead they should be taught the realities of the world of recorded knowledge, research, and serious inquiry.J—5908 3 P.T.O.
5. 2. Why is the library digitization in a muddled state ? ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ ·ð¤ çÇUçÁÅUæØÛæðàæÙ ·¤è Âýç·ý¤Øæ ¥æÁ ¥ÃØßçSÍÌ M¤Â ×ð´ ãæðÙð ·¤æ ·¤æÚU‡æ ÕÌæ§°Ð3. What is the nature of web-based catalogue ? ßðÕ ¥æÏæçÚUÌ ·ò¤ÅUÜæò» ·¤æ SßM¤Â SÂcÅU ·¤èçÁ°ÐJ—5908 5 P.T.O.
6. 4. What message do you derive from the paragraph as far as use of technology in the library is concerned ? ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ ×ð´ ÅðU€ÙæòÜæòÁè ·ð¤ §SÌð×æÜ ·¤ÚUÙð ·ð¤ ÕæÚðU ×ð´ §â ÂÚUè‘ÀðUÎ âð ¥æÂ·¤æð ·¤æñÙâæ â´Îðàæ ç×ÜÌæ ãñ?5. How much recorded knowledge is available on the web as compared to the total amount of research that is conducted ? ©ÂÜŽÏ àææðÏ ·¤è ÌéÜÙæ ×ð´ ßðÕ ÂÚU ÂýÜðç¹Ì ÁæÙ·¤æÚUè ç·¤ÌÙè ©ÂÜŽÏ ãñ?J—5908 6
7. SECTION - II ¹‡ÇU—IINote : This section contains fifteen (15) question each to be answered in about thirty (30) words. Each question carries five (5) marks. (5x15=75) marks)ÙæðÅ Ñ §â ¹´Ç ×ð´ Â´Îýã (15) ÂýàÙ ãñ´Ð ÂýˆØð·¤ ÂýàÙ ·¤æ ©žæÚ Ü»Ö» Ìèâ (30) àæŽÎæð´ ×ð´ ¥ÂðçÿæÌ ãñÐ ÂýˆØð·¤ ÂýàÙ Âæ¡¿ (5) ¥´·¤æð´ ·¤æ ãñÐ (5x15=75 ¥´·¤)6. What do you understand by ‘Technology Transfer’ ? ÒÅUð€ÙæòÜæòÁè ÅþòU‹SÈ¤ÚUÓ âð ¥æÂ €Øæ â×ÛæÌð ãñ?J—5908 7 P.T.O.
8. 7. Explain the concept of ‘Community Information Centre’. Ò·¤ØéçÙÅUè §‹È¤×ðüàæÙ âð´ÅUÚUÓ Øã â´·¤ËÂÙæ ·¤æ çßßÚU‡æ ·¤èçÁ°Ð8. Define ‘Numeric Database’. ‹Øê×ðçÚU·¤ ÇðUÅUæÕðâ ·¤è ÃØæØæ ·¤èçÁ°ÐJ—5908 8
9. 9. What do you mean by ‘Online Search’ ? Ò¥æòÙÜæ§Ù â¿üÓ ·¤æ ×ÌÜÕ ÕÌæ§°Ð10. Name the tools of translation service. Öæáæ´ÌÚU âðßæ ·ð¤ çÜ° ¥æßàØ·¤ âæÏÙ ÕÌæ§°ÐJ—5908 9 P.T.O.
10. 11. Explain the term ‘Knowledge Management’. ÒÙæòÜðÁ ×òÙðÁ×ð‡ÅUÓ ·¤è â´·¤ËÂÙæ SÂcÅU ·¤èçÁ°Ð12. Describe the concept of ‘Faceted Classification’. ÒÈò¤âðÅðÇU €ÜæçâçÈ¤·ð¤àæÙÓ ÂhçÌ €Øæ ãæðÌè ãñ?J—5908 10
11. 13. Clarify the concept of ‘Reengineering’. ÒÚUè§´çÁçÙ¥çÚ´U»Ó Øã â´·¤ËÂÙæ ·¤æ SÂcÅUè·¤ÚU‡æ ·¤èçÁ°Ð14. Mention the important activities of RRRLF. ¥æÚU.¥æÚU.¥æÚU.°Ü.°È¤. ·ð¤ ×ãˆßÂê‡æü ·¤æØü ÕÌæ§°ÐJ—5908 11 P.T.O.
12. 15. Define ‘Grey Literature’. Ò»ýð çÜÅUÚðU¿ÚUÓ ·¤è ÃØæØæ ÎèçÁ°Ð16. Explain the significance of motivation in library management. ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ ÂýÕ‹ÏÙ ×ð´ ·¤×ü¿æÚUè ·¤æð ÂýðçÚUÌ ·¤ÚUÙð ·ð¤ ·¤æØü SÂcÅU ·¤èçÁ°ÐJ—5908 12
13. 17. What is ‘Hybrid Library’ ? ãæØÕýèÇU ÜæØÕýÚUè €Øæ ãñ?18. Give the meaning of ‘metadata’. Ò×ðÅUæÇðUÅUæÓ ·¤æ ¥Íü ÕÌæ§°ÐJ—5908 13 P.T.O.
14. 19. List Metropoliton Area Networks in India. ÖæÚUÌ ×ð´ ·¤æØæüç‹ßÌ ç·¤° »° ×ðÅþUæòÂæòçÜÅUÙ °çÚUØæ ÙðÅUß·ü¤ ·ð¤ Ùæ× ÕÌæ§°Ð20. What is ‘Delphi method’ ? ÒÇðUËÈ¤è ×ðÍÇÓU €Øæ ãæðÌè ãñ?J—5908 14
15. SECTION - III ¹‡ÇU—IIINote : This section contains five (5) questions of twelve (12) marks each. Each question is to be answered in about two hundred (200) words. (12x5=60 marks)ÙæðÅ Ñ §â ¹´Ç ×ð´ ÕæÚã (12) ¥´·¤æð´ ·ð¤ Âæ¡¿ (5) ÂýàÙ ãñÐ ÂýˆØð·¤ ÂýàÙ ·¤æ ©žæÚ Ü»Ö»Îæð âæñ (200) àæŽÎæð´ ×ð´ ¥ÂðçÿæÌ ãñÐ (12x5=60 ¥´·¤)21. In the light of the need for revision of a classification system describe the salient features of DDC, 22nd edition. ß»èü·¤ÚU‡æ ÂhçÌ âð â´àææðÏÙ ·¤è ¥æßàØ·¤Ìæ ·ð¤ â´ÎÖü ×ð´ ÇUè.ÇUè.âè. ·ð¤ 22 ßð´ â´S·¤æÚU‡æ ×ð´ ç·¤Øð »° â´àææðÏÙ ·¤è ¿¿æü ·¤èçÁ°Ð22. “Performance appraisal is crucial for promotion of employees in organisations like libraries”. Discuss this statement. ÒÒÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ ·¤×ü¿æçÚUØæð´ ·¤è ÂÎæðóæÌè ·ð¤ Âýç·ý¤Øæ ×ð´ ·¤×ü¿æÚUè ·ð¤ ·¤æØü ×êËØ×æÂÙ ·¤è çßàæðá ÁM¤ÚUÌ ãæðÌè ãñÓÓÐ §â çßÏæÙ ÂÚU ¿¿æü ·¤èçÁ°Ð23. Discuss the role of public libraries as mass media. âæßüÁçÙ·¤ ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ ·¤æ °·¤ ÁÙâ´¿æÚU âæÏÙ ·ð¤ ÂçÚÂýðÿæ ×ð´ ß‡æüÙ ·¤èçÁ°Ð24. Describe and justify the different elements of DCMES. ÇUè.âè.°×.§.°â. ·ð¤ çßçßÏ ¥´àæ ÕÌæ§° ¥æñÚU ©Ù·¤è ¥æßàØ·¤Ìæ ·ð¤ ÕæÚðU ×ð´ ¿¿æü ·¤èçÁ°Ð25. State the importance of various services provided by the OCLC. ¥æð.âè.°Ü.âè. mæÚUæ çÎØð ÁæÙðßæÜð âðßæ¥æð´ ·¤è ×ãˆßÌæ ·¤ÍÙ ·¤èçÁ°ÐJ—5908 15 P.T.O.
16. J—5908 16
17. J—5908 17 P.T.O.
18. J—5908 18
19. J—5908 19 P.T.O.
20. J—5908 20
21. J—5908 21 P.T.O.
22. J—5908 22
23. J—5908 23 P.T.O.
24. SECTION - IV ¹‡Ç—IVNote : This section consists of one essay type question of forty (40) marks to be answered in about one thousand (1000) words on any of the following topics. (40x1=40 marks)ÙæðÅ Ñ §â ¹´Ç ×ð´ ¿æÜèâ (40) ¥´·¤æð´ ·¤æ °·¤ çÙÕ‹Ïæˆ×·¤ ÂýàÙ ãñ çÁâ·¤æ ©žæÚ çÙÙçÜç¹Ì çßáØæð´ ×ð´ âð ç·¤âè °·¤ ÂÚ, Ü»Ö» °·¤ ãÁæÚ (1000) àæŽÎæð´ ×ð´ ¥ÂðçÿæÌ ãñÐ (40x1=40 ¥´·¤)26. Critically discuss the major recommendations on libraries by the National Knowledge Commission constituted by the Government of India. ÖæÚUÌ âÚU·¤æÚU ·ð¤ mæÚUæ »çÆUÌ ç·¤° »° ÙòàæÙÜ ÙæòÜðÁ ·¤ç×àæÙ ·ð¤ mæÚUæ ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØæð´ ·ð¤ â´ÎÖü ×ð´ ç·¤Øð »° Âý×é¹ çâÈ¤æçÚUàææð´ ·¤è ¿¿æü ·¤èçÁ°Ð OR / ¥Íßæ Discuss the major trends of studies and research in library classification. ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ ß»èü·¤ÚU‡æ ·ð¤ ÕæÚðU ×ð´ ç·¤Øð ÁæÙðßæÜð ¥Øæâæð´ ¥æñÚU â´àææðÏÙ ·ð¤ Âý×é¹ Âýßæã ·¤è ¿¿æü ·¤èçÁ°Ð OR / ¥Íßæ “Computer technologies are becoming a part of many jobs and as we progress the role of technology in information services are expanding. It is certain that developing good computer skills is essential for the librarian of the future.” —Critically elucidate the statement. ÒÒâ´SÍæ´Ì»üÌ ’ØæÎæÌÚUU ·¤æØæðZ ×ð´ â´»‡æ·¤ Ì´˜æ™ææÙ ·¤æ ©ÂØæð» ÂýSÍæçÂÌ ãé¥æ ãñ, ¥æñÚU Áñâð ã× Âý»çÌ ·¤Úð´U»ð ßñâð âê¿Ùæ âðßæ¥æð´ ×ð´ Ì´˜æ™ææÙ ·¤æ ©ÂØæð» ÕÉ¸Ìæ Áæ°»æ, §âçÜ° Øð çÙçà¿Ì ãñ ·¤è ÖçßcØ·¤æÜèÙ ÂéSÌ·¤æÜØ- ¥ŠØÿæ ·¤æð â´»‡æ·¤èØ ·é¤àæÜÌæ ¥çÏ·¤æçÏÌ Âý×æ‡æ ×ð´ ÂýæŒÌ ·¤ÚUÙè ãæð»èÓÓÐ Øã çßÏæÙ ·¤æ âæðÎæãÚU‡æ SÂcÅUè·¤ÚU‡æ ·¤èçÁ°ÐJ—5908 24
25. J—5908 25 P.T.O.
26. J—5908 26
27. J—5908 27 P.T.O.
28. J—5908 28
29. J—5908 29 P.T.O.
30. J—5908 30
31. J—5908 31 P.T.O.
32. FOR OFFICE USE ONLY Marks Obtained Obtained Obtained Obtained Obtained Question Question Question Question Number Number Number Number Marks Marks Marks Marks 1 26 51 76 2 27 52 77 3 28 53 78 4 29 54 79 5 30 55 80 6 31 56 81 7 32 57 82 8 33 58 83 9 34 59 84 10 35 60 85 11 36 61 86 12 37 62 87 13 38 63 88 14 39 64 89 15 40 65 90 16 41 66 91 17 42 67 92 18 43 68 93 19 44 69 94 20 45 70 95 21 46 71 96 22 47 72 97 23 48 73 98 24 49 74 99 25 50 75 100 Total Marks Obtained (in words) ..................................... (in figures) .................................... Signature & Name of the Coordinator ............................... (Evaluation) Date .............................J—5908 32