1. Information Architecture (IA) Prepare By : Muhammad Hafizuddin Bin Mustafa Mentor : Fazliana
2. What is IA Information architecture (or IA) is the science -- some would insist art -- of defining the structure, organization, navigation, labeling and indexing of a Website. It is the role of the information architect to decide how a site should be structured, what kind of content it should host, and how to accommodate future growth. In short, information architecture defines the backbone of a Website.
3. Fundamental of IAWhy IA needed•To reduce changes during development process,•To reduce expenses, and increase productivity .
4. IA deliverable Competitive Analysis Site Requirements Site Goals with the help of all stakeholders Personas Wireframes and /or Use Cases for task flow Navigation and Labeling Prototype Vocabulary (if any) Sitemap Usability Testing of prototype and wireframes
5. What is UsabilityUsability involves ease of navigation and the ability to findinformation quickly and easily among other areas/elementsof the site. Information architecture solves these problems atthe root instead of at a superficial level. However, theinterface thats presented to the user should itself beintuitive and take advantage of the improved site structure ifthe site is to be usable.
6. ConclusionInformation architecture is all about looking at the bigpicture, then breaking it down into manageable bits ofinformation for users.