WHY YOU NEED A POLICY
Consider the following scenarios
What risks do these situations present for your
What provisions might you have made in your policy to
prevent or deal with these situations?
1. An employee has sent out a tweet moaning
about stupid people phoning the help line.
2. You are an organisation offering family support
to terminally ill people. A wife has posted
photos of her husband, who is in a hospice, on
your Facebook page.
3. A paper on budget cuts is due to be presented
to your management committee. A staff
member discusses the details on the blog.
4. The person who looks after Facebook has been
on sick leave for six weeks. No-one has access
to the account.
5. A member of the public has commented on the
blog, complaining about the organisation.
6. A line manager is unhappy with the amount of
time staff are spending on social media sites.