• Pizza Hut is an American restaurant
chain and international franchise that
offers different styles of pizza along with
• Corporately known as
Pizza Hut, Inc., it is a wholly
owned subsidiary of
Yum! Brands, Inc., the world's
largest restaurant company.
OPERATIONS IN INDIA
• Pizza Hut entered India in 1996, and opened its first
restaurant in Bangalore.
• Pizza Hut has 95 outlets across 24 cities in India; and
employed nearly 4,000 people by end of 2004.
• A major player in the Indian fast food and beverage
• Pizza Hut is moving beyond the metros, foraying into
12 to 13 new markets (Trichy, Nagpur, Bhubhaneswar,
Thiruvananthapuram and Pondicherry)to increase
• Has formed partnerships with recognised brands such
as Nestle and Pepsi.
OPERATIONS IN INDIA
• The world’s only 100%
Vegetarian Pizza Hut
restaurants are located in
Ahmedabad, Surat and
Mumbai’s Chowpatty, and
a special Jain menu that
provides only root-based
• As of 2012, there were more than 6,000 Pizza Hut
restaurants in the United States, and more than
5,139 store locations in 94 other countries and
territories around the world.
• Pizza Hut: Serving from 95 outlets in 24 cities of
India. US$ 25 million investment
• For Pizza Hut, India is one of the top 5 growth
• The market size of the pizza segment is around
US$ 87 million and currently growing at the rate
of 15 per cent to 17 per cent per annum.
• Having completed 15 years of operations in
India, casual dining chain Pizza Hut is looking to
enhance its presence across the country and run 250
outlets by 2015.
• Besides strengthening retail presence, Pizza Hut is also
looking to expand its product offerings to consumers.
• At the same time, a new range of 15 different pizzas
would be rolled out at stores across the country.
• The expansion plans is part of the global expansion
plans strategy of Yum! Brands.
FUN FACTS IN PIZZA HUT
In 2012, Pizza Hut released its own brand of perfume in limited
quantities in Canada.