1. Monthly Donors Mean Sustainability Do you have them? Anup Tiwari www.FundraisingAsia.org
2. Do Individuals Give? A Case Study
7. How does this work for Global NGOs?
8. 82.4% from Individual Donors
9. A big percentage from Individuals
10. Does it happen in developing world too?
12. 2008-09 estimates courtesy Mr. Bijay Mishra, Jt. Director, HelpAge India 67% from Individuals
13. Majority Individual Contributions
14. Monthly Donors, Do You Have Them?
15. Monthly Donors
16. 2 in 3 one time donors may never give again
17. Looks like a drop but fills ocean
18. Donors get a habit to give
19. Help in planning ahead
20. Monthly Donors
21. Best buddies during crisis
22. How does one get them?
23. Converting Existing One Time Donors
24. Start from Welcome Package
25. I am writing to you to thank you for your earlier donation to UNICEF. And as I do so I would like to share with you a story that has just been shared with me. It is the story of Ankita and Neetu who, despite being very intelligent children, simply stopped going to school, one fine day. And to translate this into reality, your contribution on an ongoing basis by joining UNICEF’s Guardians of Hope monthly giving programme is very crucial. Your generous monthly contributions as a Guardian of Hope will ensure that your donation goes not only towards improved teaching methods, but also secures for these children a better and happier future Conversion Mailing/Call
26. How do I get New Ones?
27. 1. Direct Mail
28. Co branded mailings
29. Needed to build case for a long term contribution Slip in a Brochure
30. 2. Asking in Person
31. Face to Face Fundraising in the Malls
32. In the Streets
33. at the Office stalls
34. Door to Door
35. Tele-facing +
36. Step1- telecallers call
37. Step2 - Team Leader gets the lead
38. Step3- The lead is given to Coordinator
39. Step4- The facer meets the donor
40. Step 5- Coordinator gets donation/report
41. Step 6- Team Leader passes it to NGO
42. The Tele-facing Cycle Prospective donor agrees to meet the Field Executive Field Executive meets prospect/donor & convinces him/her to give monthly donation Tellecaller calls prospect/donor
43. As described by the leading UK Magazine
44. 3. Going Digital
46. Direct Response TV
47. UNICEF Mexico
48. Brooke UK
49. Is it not impossible to deduct donations on monthly basis?