Inside this Issue
1. Sales vs. Marketing: the Customer Doesn’t Care! by Salil Kallianpur
In the war between sales and marketing, the customer is hurt the most.
2. The Rural Healthcare Landscape in India by Soumalya Chatterjee
Serving the rural patient is an opportunity for and the responsibility of healthcare companies in India.
3. Differentiating through On-the-job Coaching by K. Hariram
Coaching is a day-to-day activity and not a one-off event.
4. Mastery, Autonomy and Purpose in Field Force Excellence by Anup Soans
MAP enables field sales people to see the big picture and use their abilities to implement strategies systematically even in the absence of oversight.
5. Free Medicines or Better Health? by Salil Kallianpur
The underlying assumption of Rahul Gandhi’s manifesto is that merely providing medicines free would help improve the health and the productivity of the nation. In isolation that is simply not true.
6. Improving the Efficiency of MRs by Dr. Aniruddha Malpani
Pharmaceutical companies need to invest in better ways of ensuring that their MRs get quality face to face time with the doctor.
7. Knowledge for the Field Force Series by Dr. Amit Dang
Oral Anti-Diabetic Agents – II
8. Book Review: Bad Pharma: How Medicine Is Broken and How We Can Fix It by Ben Goldacre reviewed by Prof. Vivek Hattangadi