1. VirtueMart Shopping CartBy:-Shah Deep International BusinessSolutions Limited.
2. Introduction Of Joomla• Joomla is a free and open source content management system (CMS) for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets.• It is a model–view–controller (MVC) Web application framework that can also be used independently.• Joomla is written in PHP, uses object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques.• Stores data in MySQL.
3. Features Of Joomla• User Management• Media Manager• Language Manager• Banner Management• Contact Management• Polls• Web Link Management• Content Management• Syndication and Newsfeed Management• Menu Manager• Template Management• Web Services• Others
4. Shopping Cart• Shopping cart software is software used in e-commerce to assist people making purchases online• The software allows online shopping customers to accumulate a list of items for purchase, described metaphorically as "placing items in the shopping cart".• Upon checkout, the software typically calculates a total for the order, including shipping and handling (i.e. postage and packing) charges and the associated taxes, as applicable
5. Categories Of Shopping Cart• Licensed software: The software is downloaded and then installed on a Web server. This is most often associated with a one-time fee, although there are many free products available as well.• Hosted service: The software is never downloaded, but rather is provided by a hosted service provider and is generally paid for on a monthly/annual basis; also known as the application service provider (ASP) software model.
6. VirtueMart: Shopping Cart SoftwareFor Joomla• VirtueMart (formerly known as Mambo-PHP Shop) is an open source e- commerce solution designed as an extension of the Mambo or Joomla! content management systems (CMS).• VirtueMart is written in PHP and requires the MySQL database environment for storage.
7. Features Of VirtueMart• Supports an unlimited number of products and categories• Permits the sale of downloadable products• Offers a catalog mode where the shopping cart features are turned off• Supports multiple prices for a single product, based around shopper groups or a quantity range• Permits the use of a variety of different payment gateways
8. Advantages Of VirtueMart• All the application code is openly visible in PHP• Allows PHP developers to view, update or customize the operation of the shopping cart.• Offers simplified templates ( called fly pages in VirtueMart) structure that allows various shopping and cart page(s) to be edited as standard html and CSS.• VirtueMart is supported by an iPhone app by iVMStore
9. Supported Platform• Payment Gateway Integrations ▫ PayPal ▫ Authorize.net ▫ SmoovPay ▫ All other compatible mobile payment gateways• Account Management ▫ New User Sign Up ▫ Existing User Login ▫ My Cart ▫ User Profile / Change Passwords ▫ Shipping Details ▫ Billing Details ▫ My Orders ▫ Email Subscription Settings ▫ Wish List
10. Contd….• Search Options • Text Search • Search result view • Voice search option • Save searches• Products List Page • Best / Top Sellers Listing • Add / Remove product to wish list • All Products / Category Listing • Favorite category Listing • Mark / Unmark a category as favorite • List all products • Advanced Filter / Sorting options • Mark as favorite
11. Contd….• Checkout ▫ Quick checkout process ▫ Accept billing and the shipping address ▫ Shipping Method Selection ▫ Choosing the Payment method ▫ Payment Confirmation ▫ View order details• Product Details ▫ Product Images Display View ▫ Social media and Sharing ▫ Product Description & Features ▫ Reviews and Rating
12. Requirements• As VirtueMart is only a plugin for Joomla! / Mambo, it has the same system requirements.• Several other required supporting libraries or extensions include MySQL, XML and Zlib support built into PHP. Support for https (openSSL) and cURL is recommended.
13. Compatibility• VirtueMart 1.1.x is compatible with Joomla 1.5.x.• VirtueMart 2.0.x is compatible with Joomla 1.7.x.
14. Contact Us:Shah Deep International thanks for your attention:Call Us at : + 91-120 473-9000Fax (India) : + 91-120- 4564561Email Us at : firstname.lastname@example.org