How to set SEO goals
What do you want to achieve
by investing (time and/or money) on SEO?
2. Common Mistakes
• I want my website be ranked on the first
page of Google!
• I want more traffic to my website!
SEO goals must be aligned to the Online Goals (in
line with Business Goals). You cannot have
everything (that’s the hard rule of life), list your
priorities! The more specific you are the more focused
and successful all your campaigns will be (and I am
not talking just about SEO)
3. SEO Goals
I want my SEO strategy helping me increasing awareness
of my company/brand
Do you have clear which aspects of your brand you
want to communicate?
4. SEO Goals
I want my products/services be visible on Google when
users search for keywords related to them
What are the products/services you need to increase
awareness of? Don’t say all! Remember what I told
you before: prioritizing is the secret!
5. SEO Goals
I want my webpages, news stories, videos, images, social
content being reached on Google.
AWARENESS/REACH OF CONTENT
• What type/format of content do you want to
• What type of content drives more conversions?
• Is this content visible and easily accessible on your
6. SEO Goals
I need new customers and more leads and I want to
reach them when they search on Google
INCREASING LEADS, SALES & NEW
• Define different “Personas” you want to reach:
what are their needs?
• Do you have enough content (text, images,
videos) to satisfy each persona’s needs?
• Do you have targeted landing pages for each of
7. SEO Goals
I want my webpages, news stories, videos, images,
social content being shared on social networks
SOCIAL REACH OF CONTENT
• Do you have sharing buttons and social
bookmarking tools appropriately set?
• Do you enable social voting (+1, like…)?
• If you have a website with lot of images, have you
enable Pinterest sharing?
8. Thank you!
Do you have any questions?
Just ask.. I ‘ll try to answer