The One Show international jury of art directors, copywriters and creative directorsconsiders more than 18,000 entries from nearly 60 countries, selecting 500 finalists.
Winners in the Design competition at the One Show Awards 2013 were announced on 7 May in New York.
In the early years, winners received an ebony pencil box which contained a pencil with silver lettering.Students Awards: Bridging the gap between college and work, the awards present students with real world briefs to tackle.D&AD Advertising Workshops:aim to inspire and broaden understanding of advertising and help prepare participants for their first jobs.
Kyoorius, a not-for-profit organization set up by Transasia Fine Papers, and the International Advertising Association (India chapter) to launch the Kyoorius Awards.“We want to create a real D&AD presence in key creative cities around the world—Mumbai is clearly high on that list,” said Tim Lindsay, chief executive officer for D&AD, adding that it would like to see more entries and more members of D&AD from India.
Most Original Thinking :Campaigns that made judges think “I wish I’d thought of that” – whether this be in insight, strategy, content, media use or measurement technique.
1. Amity Business School
The One Show
The One Club:
• The One Club is an American non-profit organization that recognizes & promotes
excellence in advertising.
• One Club Founded in New York in 1961 as “The One Club for Art & Copy ”.
• It produces four annual awards competitions: One Show, One Show Design, One
Show Interactive & One Show Interactive.
The One Show:
• It is a premiere international advertising award show.
• It sets the industry standard for creative advertising.
• The One Show is being judged by an international jury of award-winning art
directors, copywriters & creative directors every year.
• The finalists are published in the annual, "The One Show: Advertising's Best Print,
Radio and TV."
2. Amity Business School
One Show Interactive:
• It features a unique quarterly entry system.
• Each quarter, entries will be chosen to move on to the final round of judging where
Pencil winners will be determined.
• Quarterly winners are assured placement in the One Show Interactive annual.
One Show Design:
• It awards excellence in design in advertising, branding, and other forms of visual
communication in a dedicated ceremony.
• It is given once in a year.
One Show Entertainment:
• It honors the outstanding creative achievements by brands in entertainment.
• It honors work that goes beyond traditional product placement, as well as the
strategy and creative thought process.
• Work that producing content that is genuinely entertaining.
• Work is being judged by a diverse jury from the entertainment, production and
3. Amity Business School
One Show Award & India
• McCann World Group India has bagged two Golds
(Collaterals/Posters) and one Silver Pencil (Billboards)
for work on Western Union Money Transfer.
• A third Gold Pencil from India was won by Ogilvy &
Mather Gurgaon for work on WWF India under Public
Service/Poster - Series.
4. Amity Business School
• BBH India won a Bronze at the awards for work on
Movies Now under Brand Identity/Logo Design.
• A total of 81 Pencil winners were announced in 2013, from 20 different countries.
• Germany is leading the metal count with four Gold, seven Silver and four Bronze
5. Amity Business School
D&AD(Design & Art Direction)
• 1962 Founded by a group of London based designers & art
directors - David Bailey, Terence Donovan and Alan Fletcher.
• It is a British educational charity which exists to promote
excellence in design and advertising.
• 1963 A panel of 25, judged the 2500 entries to the first awards.
• They awarded one Black Pencil and 16 Yellow Pencils.
• 1977 Students Awards were launched.
• 1979 Set up the D&AD Advertising Workshops.
• 1984 Pop Videos integrated into D&AD Awards.
• 1988 Announced openings for international entries &
introduced new award category-Product Design
6. Amity Business School
• 1999 50% of D&AD Awards entries goes international.
• 2000 First ever double Gold (Black Pencil) was awarded.
• 2003 New categories Integrated Creativity and Non - English
Language Press & Poster Advertising were established.
• 2007 Student Awards become an increasingly international
• Entries came from colleges in over 40 countries.
• 2012 D&AD celebrated its 50th anniversary by honouring the
most successful award-winners in its history.
• Launched the D&AD Foundation to nurture creative talent.
7. Amity Business School
• Two kinds of awards are given out:
- Yellow Pencil (formerly known as a silver award)
- Black Pencil (formerly known as a gold award)
• These awards are given in various categories ranging from
environmental design to billboard adverts and animation shorts.
INDIANS AT CLIO
• Recently, D&AD partners with Kyoorius & International
Advertising Association (India Chapter) to launch design
awards in India.
• All Kyoorius Award winners from India will get to enter any of
their work for the D&AD Awards for free.
8. Amity Business School
• Effie awards were given yearly by Effie Worldwide, Inc.,
a nonprofit organization, to honor the most effective marketing
• 1968 Started in U.S with mission is to encourage
effectiveness among the marketing communications industry
through education and recognition.
• 1981 the award expanded globally with the first programs
emerging in Germany after U.S.
• 1984 award expanded in Austria, the Netherlands, Belgium &
• 1990 award expanded in France, Chile & Peru.
9. Amity Business School
• Today there are over 40 national and regional Effie programs
worldwide - in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North
America and the Middle East/North Africa.
• It also organizes conferences and webinars to recognize the
winners and educate around the marketing communications
ideas that drove their success.
• The Effie Effectiveness Index identifies and ranks the
marketing communications industry‟s most effective agencies,
advertisers, and brands by analyzing finalist and winner data
from Effie Worldwide competitions.
• 2013 According to Global Effie Effectiveness Index :Unilever,
Coca-Cola, WPP, Ogilvy & Mather are most effective
marketers in the World.
10. Amity Business School
Effie Awards Categories
• Gold, Silver and Bronze Effie trophies can be awarded in each
category at the discretion of the judges.
Retail- Sponsored by PHONE NAMES Food, Confectionary & Snacks -
Sponsored by THE NEWSPAPER
Beverages–Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic -
Sponsored by BACARDI
Healthcare - Sponsored by AFA
Consumer Services - Sponsored by
B2B - Sponsored by OPEN UP TO
Travel, Leisure & Media - Sponsored
by RADIO NETWORK
Small Budget-Sponsored by
Most Original Thinking - Sponsored by
New Product or Service - Sponsored by
11. Amity Business School
Indians At Effie Awards
• 2012 Airtel emerges as the top telecom brand at the Effies
winning 3 Golds for its 'Har Friend Zaroori Hai,
Yaar' campaign and 1 Silver for its 'Baat sirf paison ki nahin hai'
• Ogilvy picks agency of the year award with maximum 24
• Ogilvy also won the Grand Effie for Cadbury Dairy Milk
„Kuchh Meetha Ho Jaye‟ & Marico Uncommon Sense Award
for „Satyamev Jayate‟ campaign for Star India.
• Client of The Year – Cadbury India.