SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
Work started in the warm August of 2009 when we didn’t need heating. Hot water was supplied by an immersion heater as we didn’t have the Solar Thermal panels up at this point (they came in 2010).
The estimated install was meant to be two weeks but it took six in total. We allocated one half of a double garage to the project in an area co-located with the existing gas-boiler for convenience.
Installation was largely trouble-free. The UK representative of the Manufacturer (KWB) came out for commissioning and observed that one section of pipework was incorrect. It was quickly rectified.
We live in a Conservation area and had planning permission refused for an external flue so we had it route through the corner of the bedroom over the garage. Not a big problem as our installer arranged for builders to come in and box in the flue. We redecorated ourselves.