• Rosalie Shire Historical Society GoombungeeLease• Toowoomba and Darling Downs Family Historical SocietyLease• Cecil Plains Heritage and Cultural DisplayLease
• Lease document provides lawful tenancy• Lessees are eligible for rate remission• Lessees are eligible to apply for community grants for events and facility enhancements etc.
Pioneer Historical Village at PittsworthCase Study
• 1971 land 1.694 ha gifted to Pittsworth Council by Kronk Family• 1971 Museum established by Pittsworth and District Historical Society• Developed extensive collection, including lace collection sponsored by lady fletcher• 2004 Historical Society approached Council to take on ownership and management of museum• Management Committee (8 People) established to oversee operations of Museum
• QLD Museum Development Officer provided advice on collection policy, significance assessments and refreshing exhibitions and displays• Council funding since 2005; capital improvements approx. $250K operational costs $250K• Collections of significance; unique lace collections memorabilia of AB Postle, known as the Crimson Flash, fastest man in the world in 1906.
• Deed of transfer to Pittsworth Council• Management Committee constitution• MOU with the Pittsworth Historical Society• MOU with U3A• MOU with Pittsworth Family History Research Group
• Location of the Men’s Shed• Encourage other community groups to locate to the village, e.g. Pittsworth Woodturners.• Place of key community event e.g. Pittsworth Gift, Australia Day Celebrations, Christmas at the village.• Destination venue, marketed to visiting community groups for their activities.• Venue for wedding photography.
• Coordination of craft shop, events and catering• Research and curation• Maintenance