•Only adults are concerned with online
•Activity online is mostly negative to my
•Parental controls remove most risk for
•Kids shouldn't have access to social
media until they are at least 16 years of
age and are aware of risks?
•Kids should be allowed to access the
web at school?
What can we do?
• Don't leave passwords in open spaces.
• Protect your personal information.
• Don't leave your computer unlocked.
• Secure ALL devices with unique and secure
• Don't click on emails, or links from people you
don't know, or that solicit personal information.
• Don't share any photo publicly, you wouldn't
share with your grandma.
• Never disclose your whereabouts publicly, or
disclose you are alone.
• Respect the privacy of others, don't post or tag
photos of people without their permission.
• Do not meet, or give out your full name, address,
or phone number to anyone online that you don't
trust or know in person.
Do be positive, enjoy sharing
and making things made
possible by the web.