Phone: (515) 979-3510
Objective: I would like to secure a part time position in the range of 20-30 hours per week. Customer
service and hands on repair/maintenance are the areas I desire, although I am very experienced with
PC, business operations, and inventory control as well.
Fogie’s Small Engine & Repair
Ankeny, IA [Nov 2008 – Present]
• Service and repair all types of small engines for yard equipment ranging from snow blowers,
chain saws, to lawn mowers.
• Maintain my own books for accounting and tax records.
• Customer service is the key to success and without them I wouldn’t be in business.
• Advertisement and marketing experience from web design, business cards, and flyers.
Iowa Department of Public Health [May 2008 – Oct 2008]
Des Moines, IA
Purchasing Agent/Finance Department
• Monitor and maintained the functionality of the phone network for the Lucas State Office
building. Including: scheduling transfers/relocations, arranging service repairs, assigning and
setup of new numbers, kept accurate spreadsheet and files for monthly reports and billing.
• Ensured customer satisfaction during the procurement of goods. Customers consisted of State
Employees requesting purchasing items and the contracted vendors that I placed orders through.
Friendly business relationships were required for complete satisfaction through every
• Researching products and making decisions based on investigations to provide the most cost
effective resources available to help lower expense totals and stay within the State of Iowa
guidelines. Grants to all departments were monitored and maintained to ensure budget was
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company [Sept 2001 – May 2008]
• In fast faced production environment I maintained the inventory of internal customers for the
printing and inserting operations at the Document Solutions Center. Forecasting and working
proactively with purchasing agents was key in guarantying 100% product stock at all times.
• Worked directly with the Customer Service Representatives in the scheduling process of new
print jobs that were being proposed. Aligned product requirements to guarantee stock
availability and external customer satisfaction. This required a very accurate and detailed
inventory of over 15,000 products in a warehouse that were monitored daily with cycle counts.
• Closely monitored the process flow for all jobs that required supply department needs. Set up
process flows for all jobs in a production monitoring system (PWS) Production Workflow
System. Addressed all quality issues with the Senior Business Analysts and programmers.
• Wrote the (SOPs) Standard Operating Procedures for the supply department functions. This was
a step by step guide, containing SOP business guidelines, which informed the procedures for all
positions within the supply department. Uploaded all the SOPs to an internal company intranet.
Farver True Value Hardware [Jun 97 – Jun 2001]
Assistant Manager/Small Engine Technician
• In store customer satisfaction was the primary focus when the store was open. Helping the
customer in any way possible and making sure that their satisfaction was always met. Learning
hardware knowledge was required to help answer questions and perform physical tasks of the
• Training and guidance to new employees throughout a wide variety of skills and tasks within
the store. This increased the functionality of the team, cross training and having strength in all
areas to assist customer’s needs. Scheduling employees and assisting the owner with purchases
from vendors and sales representatives.
• Maintained an equipment rental center and small engine shop. Created a schedule for rental
equipment and serviced all the machines as needed. Repaired customer’s lawn and garden
equipment in a shop that I successfully ran by my self for over a year. This included all
customer contact, billing, ordering, and scheduling items for repair.
• Assisted in the conversion to a 100% bar-coded store using symbol scanners, shelf id tags, and
POS inventory/register system. Maintained items in the inventory system and assured accurate
pricing. Ordering and shelf inventories were set up through this system which replaced the
manual counting and phone in orders.
• Arranged end cap displays according to weekly store flyer along with setting up new isles that
were purchased at trade shows. I maintained the automotive and tool isles and restructured the
tools/drill bits with an impressive plan-o-gram display. These products all looked very similar
and acute attention to detail of UPC and descriptions were a necessity.
William Penn University [2004 – 2008]
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration
• 3.661 GPA
• Graduated Cume Laude
Des Moines Area Community College [1998 – 2000]
General Automotive Program
Training and Skills:
Nationwide completed courses: Project Management, Problem Solving, Conflict Management,
• Experienced in all Windows OS functionalities including hardware/software setup.
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Front Page, Access.
• DOS and Networking experience.
• Learn on the fly with wide variety of applications and programs.
• Building databases and record keeping.
• Over 12 years of outstanding customer service experience.
• Negotiation in buying and selling experience.
• Build solid sales relationships with customers and vendors to assure continued business
• Great team builder and set a positive image for leadership of others.
• Friendly and helpful attitude towards customers and employees.