1. . Television advertising is the most powerful form of advertising, traditionally, because it is a combination ofaudio and video advertising with unlimited variety, unlike other forms of advertising such as newspapers,magazines, radio stations and websites. Based on research reports, people give four hours and a half beforetelevision, leisure activity since most of the time. Some of the leading channels on television include Sony, Star Plus, Zee TV, Ten Sports, etc. Duration ofcommercial ads on such channels are of 15 secs, 20 secs, 25 secs, etc. FMGC Ads on products such as soaps,oils, etc. are of 30 secs. Similarly, a corporate film which requires a lot of description is of 60 secs. The cost ofper ad during popular programmes is more such as on Sony the cost of a 30 secs ad is Rs. 1.5 to 2.5 lakhs, onZee TV it is 1.5 lakhs, on star plus it is 2.5 lakhs, and the cost of 10 secs ad on Aaj Tak is Rs. 8000/-, on CNNIBM it is Rs 5000/-, etc.Although television advertising, not as an immediate sale, such as advertising search engine can do, is stronglyaffected customers and slowly convinces the target market. Television advertising can introduce the product to alarge number of people affected (at regional and national) in a short time.
2. Television helps to convey a message (advertising) with images, sounds and actions. Different segments of thepopulation such as children, housewives, young people are addressed to the organization through variouschannels (Cartoon) at different times TV. The flexibility and options to give customers selectivity of a productoffered by many companies to choose from. It helps to attract people and make the purchase of these products.This is very beneficial for small businesses. But the costs involved in television advertising is very high, as it will be repeated many times. If TVcommercials are creative then people show no interest in seeing it and not buy the products. Sometimes TVcommercials to be in a way that people do not think so they do not buy products. Production of televisionadvertising affects hiring screenwriters, actors, video editors, or an advertising agency. Thus, it is a complicatedprocedure.
3. Every advertising medium has characteristics that give it natural advantages and limitations. As you lookthrough your newspaper(s), youll notice some businesses that advertise regularly. Observe who they are andhow they advertise their products and services. More than likely, their advertising investment is working if itsselling! Reading the newspaper is a habit for most families. And, there is something for everybody-- sports, comics,crosswords, news, classifieds, etc. You can reach certain types of people by placing your ad in different sectionsof the paper. People expect advertising in the newspaper. In fact, many people buy the paper just to read the adsfrom the supermarket, movies or department stores. Unlike advertising on TV and radio, advertising in thenewspaper can be examined at your leisure. A newspaper ad can contain details, such as prices and telephone numbers or coupons. There are manyadvantages to advertising in the newspaper. From the advertisers point-of-view, newspaper advertising can beconvenient because production changes can be made quickly, if necessary, and you can often insert a newadvertisement on short notice. Another advantage is the large variety of ad sizes newspaper advertising offers.Even though you may not have a lot of money in your budget, you can still place a series of small ads, withoutmaking a sacrifice.
4. Newspapers usually are read once and stay in the house for just a day. The print quality of newspapers isntalways the best, especially for photographs. So use simple artwork and line drawings for best results. The pagesize of a newspaper is fairly large and small ads can look minuscule. Your ad has to compete with other ads forthe readers attention. Youre not assured that every person who gets the newspaper will read your ad .They maynot read the section you advertised in, or they may simply have skipped the page because there wasnt anyinteresting news on it.
5. Magazines are conveniently placed on racks near checkout lines or in waiting areas or purchased throughsubscriptions by those interested in a specific topic. Like any marketing tool, magazines have both pros and consfor advertisers to consider. Business must determine whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and ifmagazine ads can provide an effective means of advertising their particular products or services. The famousmagazines available are ‘Economic & political weekly’, ‘Tehelka’, ’India Today’, ‘Dalal Street’, ‘Desh Videsh’,etc. Unlike newspapers, magazine ads are not used to advertise sales or special promotions. The purpose of amagazine ad is to create and build an image for the product or service. Ad creativity and cleverness is essentialto attract attention and make a lasting impression. Image resolution in magazines is of much greater quality thannewspapers, which use fewer dots per inch. Magazine ads appear sharper and cleaner, while the paper qualityadds more weight and a professional, glossy appearance. More dots per inch in magazine print means sleek,vividly colorful ads. Foods look mouth-watering and objects practically pop off the page. Ad placement in a magazine is particularly successful at reaching a specific target audience. Magazines canbe geared toward particular groups of people based on gender, ethnicity, age or interests. According to theMagazines Publishers of America, magazine advertising is particularly influential for automotive, electronics,fashion and beauty, food and home improvement products.
6. Luxury goods buyers use magazines the most when choosing purchases. Because magazines production costs are high, businesses will spend more on magazine ads than for ads innewspapers. It can be more economical to purchase ad space in a local magazine with limited circulation, as adsfor national magazines can easily run upwards of several thousands of dollars. However, the expense must beconsidered in terms of the exposure a magazine ad can bring and the long-lasting impression it can create.Magazines are published weekly, monthly, bi-monthly or even quarterly. Magazine ads have a long lead time;they may need to be ready six months in advance of the issue. However, magazines remain on store shelves forweeks or months. They also entertain people on planes or those waiting for cars to be repaired or to see thedoctor or dentist. People read magazines that are weeks or months old because the articles are still relevant.
7. RADIO is the most accessible medium in our daily lives where people spend their media usage time on atypical day. Radio is probably not the first thing that comes to mind when you are thinking of ways to advertiseyour business. You can target your advertising to a specific audience. Different radio stations have differentformats, from news/talk to oldies to rock. Decide who you are trying to reach (teenagers, families, urban men,suburban moms), and then choose the radio format that reaches your audience. Radio provides a pathway to the consumer’s mind that can provide better emotional connections to brandsand products when the advertising is designed and placed properly. Offers a unique advertising environment inwhich listeners actually expect ads to be more interesting to them. It delivers a more positive environment foradvertisers. Radio advertising is perceived as much more personally relevant to consumers than advertising onother media. A 30-second ad on radio is often less expensive than a 30-second TV ad and easier to produce. Radio adscan be produced very quickly, unlike television ads. And unlike magazine print ads, you do not have to wait forthe next issue to come out. Morning and evening commutes are key times when many businesses want their adsto run, and there are only so many spots to go around. This can drive up the cost for those choice time slots.
8. Radio can often be background noise. You will need to run your ad more than a few times in order for it to makean impact.
9. With new platforms for advertising evolving on a continual basis, it can be complicated to choose the rightmedium. By having a solid understanding of certain aspects of Internet advertising, companies can find the rightmedia mix that works. Internet advertising would work wonders if your customer base can be from any part ofthe world and transaction can be handled well over the Internet. It also works well with certain types of productsand services and also depends on certain regions. While Internet advertising can directly relate to sales, it canhave huge effectiveness on exercises of brand awareness, recognition and networking. Majority business owners worldwide know that the Internet has now become an essential tool when itcomes to running their businesses successfully. However, you should also understand the role played by theInternet in the lives of their customers. You should be capable to locate people who are using the Internet; theirkey interests in the time spend on the Internet and their preferences to purchase products and services on a dailybasis. The affordability of Internet advertising is one of many reasons why many company owners are turning tothe Internet for advertising. Advertising on the Internet is incredibly inexpensive especially when you considerhow many potential customers a company owner can reach with an on the Internet advertising campaign. Mostmethods of on the Internet advertising are quite inexpensive and some of them do not have any direct costs
10. Most methods of on the Internet advertising are quite inexpensive and some of them do not have any directcosts. Take note of the fact that World Wide Web is available 24 hours a day and also very advantageous to thosewho choose to market their products or services on the Internet. Shopping for products and services in personcan be very difficult especially for individuals who work long hours or those who work unusual hours. However,products owners who have an on the Internet access are much more favorable because unlike stores and callcenters, the website never closes.