The intraocular lens is folded and passed through the tiny incision inside the “capsular bag”.
In the following illustration, the lens is being inserted via an “injector”. This instrument keeps the incision small while allowing implantation of a 6 mm lens through a 3 mm (or even smaller) incision
Hallmark of diagnosis of choroidal neovascularization has been the fluorescein angiogram .
It pinpoints the location and extent of neovascular membranes and can guide laser photocoagulation.
Unfortunately, only about 13% of angiograms show a treatable localized lesion, or "classic" choroidal neovascularization. The other 87% show diffuse,, hyperfluorescent lesions that are not amenable to laser photocoagulation