2. Inca civilization's exact origins are unknown.
However, by year 1500, Tawantinsuyu - Inca Empire -
was the largest and richest in pre-
controlled an estimated population of twelve million
people spread over 2,500 miles (4,000 km.) along the
western coast of America, on the Andean range.
3. The Incas ruled a land that most of which was made up of two
parallel mountain ranges with high plateaus. Most of the land is
3,000 meters above sea level.
4. The Inca of Peru have long held a mystical fascination for people of
the western world. Four hundred years ago the fabulous wealth in
gold and silver possessed by these people was discovered, then
plundered by Spanish conquistadors.
5. Sacred Valley
6. Cusco was the center of the Inca
Empire, with its advanced hydraulic
engineering, agricultural techniques,
marvelous architecture, textiles,
ceramics and ironworks.
7. MACHU PICCHU...
Incas Best Kept Secret
In The Mighty Andes Mountains
8. Terraced agricultural areas.
9. Pisac Ruins At Sacred Valley
10. Shrine at Pisac
13. Tiaunaco Sun Gate
14. Strange Stone Carvings
Mysterious Giant Stone Sculpture