1. Presented By,Group No-01Animesh Amal (01)Madhura Jagtap (10)Bosco James (15)Shafaatali (18)Bhavika Sachdev (23)
2. Contents• Mission & Vision• Novartis India• History• People• Top 10 Brands• Current Alliance• Product Mix• Presence• Financial Data• Stock Price• R & D• References
3. Mission & Vision• We want to discover, develop and successfullymarket innovative products to prevent andcure diseases, to ease suffering and toenhance the quality of life.• We also want to provide a shareholder returnthat reflects outstanding performance and toadequately reward those who invest ideas andwork in our company.
4. Novartis IndiaMissionInnovative products, Outstanding performance,Ideas and work.VisionA better today and tomorrow for patients.DirectorsChristopher Snook (Chairman)Ranjit Shahani (Vice Chairman & M.D.)
5. History1996 – The shareholders of Sandoz and Ciba-Geigy approve of the merger.1997- Novartis announces to acquire cropprotection business of Merck & co.2000 - Novartis seeds are merged withAstrazeneca’s agribusiness operations to formSyngenta.2001- FDI grants approval of Glivec.2003- Novartis unites it’s generics business underone single global brand - Sandoz.
6. History of Novartis195819701996Present
7. PeopleFull-time associates 2012 total: 127 724Associates by region, 2012
8. Top 10 Brands of Novartis India
9. Current Alliance of Novartis
10. Product MixProduct Mix WidthPharmaceuticalsAlcon (Eye Care)Sandoz(Generics)Over The CounterVaccines and DiagnosticsAnimal Health
24. ROLE OF R&D• Targeting rare and neglected diseases• Ethical research• Responsible R&D
25. R&D LOCATIONS OF NOVARTIS• NIBR PHARMA DEVELOPMENT-EMERYVILLE US -INDIA-LA JOLLA CALIFORNIA US -CHINA- FORT WORTH TX USA -JAPAN-CAMBRIDGE US-EAST HANOVER US-HORSHAM UK VACCINES AND DIAGNOSTIC-BASEL SWITZERLAND -US-SIENA ITALY -ITALY-SINGAPORE-SHANGHAI CHINA