Sales Operations Manager
As part of the Lloyds Banking Group, Scottish Widows is proud to be an Official Provider of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Scottish Widows [Place Customer
Sales Excellence through CRM On Demand Logo Here]
COMPANY OVERVIEW DEPLOYMENT PROFILE
• Help customers plan their financial futures • 450 users of Oracle CRM On Demand
• One of the most recognised brands in the life, • 180 users of Mobile Sales Assistant
pensions and in estment industry.
investment ind str • C
Complete d l
l t deployment, f
t from prototype to
t t t
• Part of Lloyds Banking Group since year 2000. production in 4 months
• More than 6 million customers in the UK.
• Relationships with over 18,500 Independent CUSTOMER PERSPECTIVE
Financial Advisers. “CRM On Demand helps us manage
• The largest distribution network in the UK our business more efficiently, meaning
through Lloyds Banking Group. we focus our energy in the right places
• Achieved strong profit before tax of £287M and maximise all opportunities to
for the first half of 2009.
Simon Massey, Intermediaries Director
CHALLENGES / OPPORTUNITIES
• Continued efforts towards providing
• 20% increase in new cases entering the sales
outstanding service and value to customers. pipeline on a weekly basis
• Better utilise our current sales opportunities • Over 5,000 hours gained by reduction in
and improve our penetration of the market. administration since July 2009
• Adapt to rapidly changing business and • Real time pipeline management
economic environment. • Improved sales mobility with Oracle Mobile
S l A i t t
Why Make The Change?
The Problem Our Goal
• Our sales
process had become • Better utilise existing customer
fragmented. relationships and pipeline.
• A lot of processes were very • Improve sales staff
manual and time intensive. productivity.
• Sales managers were spending • Provide the ability to expand
time trying to collate data to help our customer base.
manage the sales force.
• There were a number of tactical
• Deploy an IT platform to
solutions in place that are key to support growth & business
the operation that were
p model changes.
unsupported by our IT function.
Competitive proof of concept using 2 sales teams.
titi f f t i l t
• A 3 week pilot to validate core requirements and test the delivery of
functionality in a production environment.
• Roll-out Oracle CRM OnDemand, Mobile Sales Assistant and business
process to 300 users over 14 sites in 2 months.
• Phased roll-out over 2 months to ensure the project team were able to
provide the right level of support to help users embrace the change.
July 2008 February March April
Pilot Full Roll Out
Implementation Approach – Configuring On Demand to Our Needs
• Maximum of 3 clicks to get to
• Analytics to drive focus
• Alerts to notify the sales team
providing a call to action.
• Capability to log activity as
p y g y
• Real time opportunity management.
• Tailored screen layouts based on role.
Challenges we Faced Along the Journey
• Acquisition of competitor forced project rollout to move
up from June 09 to April 09
– Rolled out to 300 users over 14 sites in 2 months
• Merge and rationalise 2 salesforces
– Different sales process
– Office locations
– Technology setup
• With minimal user training (2 weeks), all additional
180 users were deployed in time, within budget
Oracle CRM On Demand allowed us to get up and
running quickly as a combined salesforce with
standard processes and management reporting
What CRM On Demand Brings to Scottish Widows
Powerful analytics and reporting capability
Account segmentation for better penetration
Real time pipeline management
Improved sales force mobility
End-to-end ca pa g management
d to e d campaign a age e t
Microsoft Outlook integration