1. This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views onlyof the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
2. On this day there is an atmosphere full of expectations in every home. The smell of wonderful Christmas dishes spreads in every house. Everyone cleans up and prepares for Christmas Eve. Childrenand parents decorate theChristmas tree, they hangcolourful lights and shinybaubles and chains on it.
3. Peopledecorate their houses, Christmastrees and even cars.
4. It is time for final preparations. In theevening, the whole family sits down to the Christmas table. Everybody makes a wish and break the wafer.According to tradition, on the table there must be 12 dishes representingthe twelve apostles and a place for "unexpected guest".
5. In every home, people eat similar dishes. We eat fish soup with croutons or borsch or mushroom soup, depending on the family tradition. In our region, on the table there must be a dish called „moczka” made of gingerbread and delicacies and „makówki” made of poppy seed, milk and almonds.Moczka Borsch
6. After Christmas dinner people sing carols andunpack presents which are under christmas tree.
7. In the midnight people go to church for a midnight mass.
8. People give each other Christmas cards : )
9. Christmas customs – an interviewhttp://vimeo.com/59649068Enjoy!