1. How To Prevent Your Practice From Being Booked Under The False Claims Act in the Fiscal Year 2013! Presented by, Angomark, MedicalBillingSta
2. A quick intro on False Claim? There are physicians who end up with bids for faults they were not even conscious of. To safeguard your medical practice from false claims you must first be aware of what establishes a false claim.
3. Submitting an unbundled claim when the claim could have been bundled and surrender to as a whole.
4. Up coding a medical service
5. Billing for medically unnecessary services
6. Increasing time units or any units of services for acquiring more reimbursement
7. Submitting secondary claims that have to be sent to a different insurer, to the primary insurer.
8. Inflating patient care costs
9. Copy pasting records in the EHR can lead to replication of claims content
10. Making use of computerized coding tools and claim edits can lead to overbilling errors
11. Tips To Safeguard Your Practice From FCA Ensure your claims are, bundled/unbundled appropriately. If you are not too sure pick up the phone and discuss with your insurer. Always provide additional records validating the medical necessity of a treatment prior to transmitting a claim.
12. Document facts such as time units, difficulty of a medical decision and importance of a wound, always. Submit primary and claims appropriately. Communicate with your patients and explain about patient liabilities.
13. Avoid copy pasting billing details in your EHR as it creates “cloned” notes. Review and update information in your EHR constantly. Finally, make use of the features your EHR offers but don’t rely on them completely.
14. Thank you ! Are you Billing right ? To be surecontact MedicalBillingStar we offer Free Claims Revenue Cycle Management check-up Visit us : http://www.MedicalBillingStar.com