11 ways to ensure you join the list of successful ehr implementation stories !
Presented by,Angomark, MedicalBillingStar11 Ways To Ensure You JoinThe List Of Successful EHRImplementation Stories !
• It is essential you analyse anddocument your workflowprocesses and see how yourEHR will impact them.• Implement new process thatwork with your ehr.Take a closer look at yourworkflow.
• Communicate with yourcolleagues, friends, and otherpractices that use the ehr you areplanning to implement.• Getting the opinions of others willhelp you make a smart choice.Communicate
• Make a checklist of all theimportant information that needsto be entered into your newsystem.• It would typically includedemographics, medicationlists, allergies and other detailsthat play a huge role in medicaldecision making.Make A Checklist
• Knowing what exactly you need ishalf the battle won. Have a clearcut working plan and objective.• Ask yourself what changes you arelooking for and which processesyou’d like to automate.Plan & Automate
• If you are opting for a cloudbased ehr solutions ensure thatyour network and bandwidth canhandle the traffic and workload.• After spending thousands ofdollars dropped communicationis the last thing you need.Opting for cloud basedEHR !
• Learn instead the features of yourehr and adapt your workflowaccording to it.• Most physicians manipulate theirsystems and make it a carbon copyof their paper based workflow.Don’t fall for thecustomization line.
• Too much of a good thing canbe a bad thing.• Train your staff, initially, in thesmall processes of your ehr.Train your staff
• Designate one of youremployees to be the ehrleader.• It is his/her responsibility totrain others and tackle on-going challenges.Give a sense of ownership andresponsibility to your staff.
• Train your patients on the patientportal available in your ehr.• Choose an ehr that has one as it isimportant to achieve MU.• Make sure your patients are asinvolved in the implementationprocess as your staffs are.Create Awareness topatients on patient portal
• Have a diary that tracks theprogress of your ehrimplementation process.• Set deadlines for eachstep, and follow themreligiously.Trace out your EHR
• Maintain a good relationshipwith your ehr vendor.• Ensure you know peoplebeyond the sales team andmake them a part of your teamas well.Relationship with yourEHR vendor
• For a friendly EHR Billing SupportVisit www.MedicalBillingStar.comThank you !