2. AGENDA FOR THE DAY Announcements Critical Thinking Community Service
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS College Forward Class Website: http://cofojrmustangs.weebly.com Sign up for 1x1 Next class, we will be in room B128 for the Beginning of Year survey Homecoming this Friday! Anything else?
4. WRITING PROMPTSpend 10 minutes writing What do the terms “community service” or “volunteerism” mean to you? Should students be expected to volunteer or be involved in their community? What are the pros and cons. If you have volunteered, what has been your most meaningful experience?
5. COMMUNITY SERVICE Places I’ve served
6. COMMUNITY SERVICE AT COFO
7. EXPECTATIONS At College Forward, we ask that you complete 20 hours of community service during your junior and senior years Why is volunteering so important?
8. WE VOLUNTEER BECAUSE… we want to give back to our community we want to impress admissions counselors we want to have fun while serving we want to hang out with other cofos and coaches we want to develop skills that will help us in our future jobs we want to be eligible for the end of the year road trip!
9. How do we define service?community service is a service that a person voluntarily performs for the benefit of his or her local community, without compensation service learning is a process that connects meaningful service activities with learning, personal and professional growth, and civic responsibility.
10. WHERE DO YOU SERVE?WHERE DO YOU WANT TO SERVE?
11. UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY Hopefest Family Festival  http://www.hopefestaustin.org/Home.html  Make a Difference Day- Saturday, October 27th  9:30am – 3pm (5 ½ hours)  At Reagan High School  Provides services for families, we would help with various activities at the festival  Volunteermatch.org
12. NEXT CLASS We will be in B128 for Beginning of Year Survey and College Research If you have scheduled a 1x1 meeting with me, please come tomorrow to the College & Career Center