1. LEARN THE AMAZING SECRETS TOUSINGLINKEDIN, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, ANDWORDPRESS (BLOGGING) TO FINDYOUR NEXT JOB. Andy Nathan
2. Summary• Secrets of Social Networking• Secrets of Facebook• Secrets of LinkedIn• Secrets of Twitter• Secrets of Wordpress Blogs
3. If I Can Do It Anyone Can• 2007-Joined LinkedIn and did nothing with the account for 3 years.• 2008-My wife did not believe that I could even set up a Facebook account.• 2009-Started using Twitter and was so ready to do something different than mortgages that I played on Twitter for 3 hours per day.• 2010- Was told that I should blog, so decided to blog 5 times per week for one year.
4. My Stats Today• LinkedIn- 1300 contacts and one of my fastest growing lead generators• Facebook-4000 friends and 1000+ fans where I have met more business partners than any other networking event in the past year.• Twitter-69,000 followers on @andynathan. My biggest referral source found me on Twitter.• Wordpress-200,000 views on blog over the past two years with over 900 + articles on social networking.• 100’s of clients in over 75 different industries.
5. Secrets of Social Networking• This is not about technology! It is about relationships• There is nothing new in social networking. It is the exact same as meeting someone face to face. Use the same etiquette.• Do not try to find a job through social networking. Stand out, so you can get the interview!
6. Secrets of LinkedIn• Have a profile that can work as an extended resume.• Connect with HR, Recruiters, CEO, Owners, and other interesting job prospects on LinkedIn.• Utilize the group functions to actively engage group members in the Jobs & Careers group and other similar groups.• Check out the job boards on LinkedIn groups to find your ideal job.
7. Secrets of Facebook• Have a full profile with your past experience that is listed publicly, so employers can get a positive image about you (Note: No Jello Shots and Bongs)• Great for re-connecting with former friends, old co- workers, alumni, and family.• Groups are a great place to network with people of similar interests.
8. Secrets of Twitter• Great stream of jobs that you can find• Use hashtags #chicagojobs #jobs (Use Tweetdeck or Hootsuite)• Connect with a large group of peers and executives in your industry• Use Twellow, WeFollow, and Twitter Search to make your search easier
9. Secrets of Wordpress• Do you have a full portfolio of work that you want to show off, but have no where to display that body of work?• Demonstrate your knowledge over time with a series of posts discussing different challenges in your field• This is great for Google searches
11. Sales People• We are looking for sales people for our company as we continue to grow.• If you are interested in working with a dynamic team part- time or full-time to some cash come up afterwards so we can talk in more detail.
12. ANDY NATHANContact Information:Phone: 847-710-7093Email: firstname.lastname@example.org://SmartAtTheStart.comhttp://AndyNathan.net