The investigate stage consists of:
• An introduction to the Unit
• Research on the problem
• A design brief
• A design specification
• A test plan
• An evaluation of your performance in this
stage of the Design Cycle
Start with the Problem
Write a clear statement of the problem – this is often
given by the teacher.
• In this case, it is the task you have been set. Your
problem is that you need to create a video or
animation to educate a certain group on the health
benefits of a particular technology.
• You should write more detail than this. Consider what
else you need to achieve – you need to promote the
technology, educate a certain target audience, make it
interesting and entertaining, informative, etc.
• You should reflect on how you think you will be able to
achieve these things.
You also need to write:
• How the problem relates to you (on a personal
• How the problem relates to society (consider
what type of society this will affect)
• How the problem links to the Area of