1. Just one guy, on the Internet, in a social network, with a digital team (and in a corporate). ... his views on the business of new media (Andy Hadfield is a digital strategist at FNB South Africa. His business card says: The Internet & Social Media Guy)
2. The first thing Andy learned when working for a bank ... ... Having money available in the ATM is the most important thing at the end of the day...
3. The second thing Andy learned when working for a bank ... ... Say GoodBye to the Mac!
4. The third thing Andy learned when working for a bank ... ... Being a fly on the wall of the “social conversation” is nice. Talking back is better.
5. Two projects. ... And they’re all about adding value and talking back.
6. IdeaBounty ( www.ideabounty.com ) An experiment in crowdsourcing Excellent Results Excellent PR (Muti No. 5) But a far greater opportunity exists ... Who wouldn’t want to engage with people who are engaging your brand?
7. IdeaBounty ( www.ideabounty.com )
8. Trying to add value, when all around you are poking. Niche approach Adding value / Driving sales Talking to Customers Creating a touchpoint, not a service Why can’t we bank where no bank has banked before?
9. Trying to add value, when all around you are poking. But more importantly... Look to the future – the silos won’t last FaceBook = Corporate Social Training 101
11. Pitching to corporates? If you’re an agency – Watch those costs ... it’s not about experimentation anymore. It’s about results . And results only come if you’ve got the processes behind them www.andyhadfield.com
12. In conclusion ? I’m proud that we’re doing this internally. Agencies are great. They break the comfort zone . Knowledge transfer is better . www.andyhadfield.com #1 Start Now! #2 Listen Well #3 Talk Back
13. Questions? Hit me... Web: www.andyhadfield.com Twitter: www.twitter.com/followandyh LifeStream: life.andyhadfield.com What the hell is a lifestream anyway?