View this presentation by going to: steinman.me/sfa
Screencasting for Administrators
Educational Technology Consultant at Kent ISD
About Andrew Steinman
‣ Educational Technology Consultant at Kent ISD!
‣ MSU Graduate (x2) and MAET Instructor!
‣ Amateur Cat Trainer
‣ Know what is screencasting!
‣ Understand how to create a screencast!
‣ Make connections between instructional goals
and the capabilities of screencasting!
‣ Transfer the learning to professional practice by
creating an informational screencast to share
McREL - Classroom Instruction That Works (2nd Ed.)
Setting Objectives & Providing Feedback
What is Screencasting?
7 things you should know about… Screencasting
How Teachers Use Screencasting
‣ Technology Tool How-to’s!
‣ Lecture Capture / Flipped Classroom!
‣ Assessment Feedback
What is a Screencast and Why Would I Use One?
How Admins Use Screencasting
‣ Presentations for Staff Meetings!
‣ School Updates!
‣ Video Updates!
‣ Updates for Parents
21 Things for the 21st Century Administrator:
Why Admins Should Screencast
‣ Model Technology Use for Teachers!
‣ Show Effectiveness of Screencasting!
‣ Demonstrate Value and Support for
Screencasting in the Classroom
‣ Educreations (Also available for iPad)!
Tools for Flipped Faculty Meetings
‣ Snagit Screencasting Basics!
‣ How to Record a Video with Snagit 11!
‣ Snagit 11 Tutorial Videos by TechSmith!
‣ Additional Snagit Tutorials
Snagit for Beginners: 3 Simple Workﬂows
‣ Screencasts should only be 5 - 10 minutes in
‣ Do a practice run and record it!
‣ Correct your mistakes and move on!
‣ Watch your recording before sharing it!
‣ Organize recorded videos for easier reference
59 Tips for Creating Engaging Screencasts
Time for Practice
‣ Utilizing the content in this presentation, create
an informational screencast that you could share
“Learn today, use tomorrow”
So Now What?
‣ What will you take back to your district after
this session and how will it be used to improve
the education of all students in your district?!
‣ Share it out on Twitter using #SNOWW
How To Get More Out Of Your PLN Using Twitter
Educational Technology Consultant
at the Kent ISD
‣ Screencast Image!
‣ Mail from The Noun Project!
‣ What is Screencasting Video!
‣ Flipped Classroom Image!
‣ Thumbs Up Image!
‣ Snagit Logo!
‣ Stopwatch Image
Thank you for attending my session!