World War 1!!!
• Trenches were greatly used in World War one
for shelter and protection.
• First war to use tanks. This was the beginning of new
technology in war. The tanks were barely used because
they were inefficient. it would usually sink in the ocean,
but when it gets on land, it was a massive weapon used.
The treaty of Versailles
• This was significant because it was the treaty
that finally ended the world war 1.
chlorine & mustard gas
• These are German people wearing mask to protect
themselves from chlorine & mustard gas. World War 1
was the first war to use chlorine & mustard gas.
• Lusitania was the beginning of why the United States joined world
war one in the first place. This caused people in the U.S. to be furious
at the Germans because 128 americans were killed on the ship.
The Battle of Verdun
• The Battle of Verdun was one of the most critical battles on the Western
Front. It was fought between the German and French. It is also
remembered as the battlefield with the highest density of dead per square
Battle of Ypres
• The first Battle of Ypres took place between October 30 to November
24, 1914. British, French and Belgian troops were outnumbered by
the Germans who were trying to get to the English Channel. The
Allies won the battle after 34 days of fighting. This was the starting of
the trench warfare on the western front.
The Battle of Somme
The first day was a complete disaster for the British. 20,000 British
troops were killed on the first day and nearly another 40,000 were
taken prisoner or badly wounded that they were unfit for service the
next day.The aim of the British attack was to break through the
German lines and defeat the German army. It was also hoped that
this attack would help the French army which had been under a
strong German attack at Verdun. The first Battle of the Somme was
the bloodiest and most costly unsuccessful Allied offensive on the
Western Front during World War I
Archduke Franz Ferdinand
• The assassination of Archduke
Franz Ferdinand began the whole
world war 1.
• World War 1 was the first used of mass airplanes.