1. Mars is a very interesting planet to be researched on too! By: Clara Linanda I am Mars!!
2. How long would it take to get to Mars??? <ul><li>About 214 days (about 6 months) is the longest time to get to Mars from Earth. But it is very difficult to land on Mars. It is probably difficult for spaceships to land on Mars, because scientists found out that heavy things are very hard to stay or land on Mars. </li></ul>Shows the distance from Earth to Mars.
3. How long is a year on Mars??? <ul><li>A year on Mars is 687 Earth days. Its like a Martian year is almost a double an Earth year. When you celebrate your 25 th birthday on mars, you will actually be 47 years old on Earth. It’s mainly the same thing as how you weigh on Earth and on Mars. </li></ul>This is what it looks like in mars.
4. Where is Mars??? <ul><li>Mars is fourth planet from the sun, located between Earth and Jupiter. Mars is so much farther away from the sun than Earth. The distance between them is about 228 million kilometers. </li></ul>~ The arrow shows where Mars is.
5. How big is Mars??? <ul><li>Mars is a big planet, but not as big as the planet Earth. Mars, with a diameter of 6800 kilometers, is a little bigger than a half size of Earth. If Earth was the size of a cricket ball, then Mars would be the size of a golf ball. </li></ul>This is a picture of Earth and Mars compared and you can see how the size is different. In this picture it doesn’t quite show that mars is twice the size of Earth, but it really does.
6. Can Mars be seen from Earth without a Telescope??? <ul><li>Mars can be seen from Earth without a Telescope. Mars is a small, red-colored planet in the solar system, that is also rust-colored light in the sky. </li></ul>It looks like this with a normal professional telescope. This is what it looks like with a high quality professional telescope.
7. What is Mars made of??? <ul><li>The central core in Mars is made of Iron. Mars is a similar planet to Earth, but what is different from those two planets is that in Mars, the upper layer of the planet is much thicker. Mars has a layer of Air, which covers the planet. </li></ul>The arrow is pointing to the Core.
8. What is it like on the Surface??? <ul><li>Mars has a dusty and rocky surface, complete with dust and clouds. The weather in Mars is very cold. The average temperature is about -12 degrees Celsius. During the Martian winter, it can be even colder, and can drop to about -70 degrees Celsius. The surface can sometimes be like frozen dry-ice. </li></ul>This is what the surface looks like in Mars.
9. How many Moons does Mars have??? <ul><li>Mars has 2 little tiny moons. They are called Phobos and Deimos. Phobos is only about 30 kilometers, in diameter. Deimos is even smaller, only about 15 kilometers, in diameter. A long time ago, these 2 moons were just flying in space, then they got too close to Mars that they were captured by Mars’ gravity. </li></ul>
11. A Quiz for you! <ul><li>1. How long is a year on Mars? </li></ul><ul><li>A. 688 B. 687 C. 683 </li></ul><ul><li>2. What is Mars made of? </li></ul><ul><li>A. copper B. iron C. Bronze </li></ul><ul><li>3. How long would it take to get to Mars? </li></ul><ul><li>A. About 4 months B. About 7 months C. About 6 months </li></ul><ul><li>4. How many moons does Mars have, and what are they called? </li></ul><ul><li>A. 1, Phobos B. 2, Phobos, Dimon C. 2, Phobos, Deimos </li></ul><ul><li>5. How big is Mars? </li></ul><ul><li>A. With a diameter of 7800 kilometers B. With a diameter of 6800 kilometers C. with a diameter of 6900 kilometers </li></ul>