On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Activity 13 common online terminologiesPresentation Transcript
• “Electronic Mail”
• Instant mail which operates through the internet
A discussion or Informational site published in the Internet
Displayed in a chronological order where the most recent is at the start of the
Currently, blogs are used for online diaries, advertisements, and expressing
• It refers to any communication from the internet where there is a
real-time exchange of messages from the sender and receiver.
It is a online service that enables users to share, add and edit
bookmarks of web documents.
• “Uniform Resource Locator”
• An online reference to a online resource
• Also known as a web address
• “Can also be called Media Streaming
• It is a technique used for continuous and steady access of data
• Can also be called “Netcast”
• It is a digital recording of music, audio, or videos that can be
downloaded from the internet to a portable media player
• “Voice over Internet Protocol”
• It is used for the delivery of voice communications iand
multimedia sessions over the internet such as Skype.
• Is a web application where you can make, add, or delete
information in a page about a certain topic.
• Refers to the interactions between different users in websites
• Works like a online community
• “World Wide Web”
• It is a system of interlinked hypertext that can accessed through
• “Hypertext Markup Language”
• Used to create web pages using HTML elements and can be
accessed in a web browser
• Can also be called news feed
• Provides users frequent update content