What's the problem?
The problem is not how to install a WordPress
blog, or to build a Facebook page or
implementing a social network site. The
problem is something related to the business.
The social internet
We thought the internet was yet a cheaper and
more eﬀective marketing channel ("just another
channel in the marketing mix"). It's not. It's a
place where people are present and connect.
The social intranet
We thought the intranet was a place for sharing
documents and publishing news and statements
from management. It's not. It's place for
collaboration. From communication to work.
The market Organisation
• Consumers are media • But the organisation is not listening
• The internet is realtime • But the organisation slow to react
• Transparent market • But organisations try to cover up
• Organisational borders blurring • But organisation are in silos
• Trust shifting to peers • But organisations still shout
• Increased complexity in media • ...and organisations are still shouting
The organisation needs to
reconnect to the market
through social relations.
social innovation proces
social customer support
social media marketing
social knowledge sharing
social municipality development
social member organisation
social market research
social culture building