1. American Express launchesIndia’s truly rewarding Platinum Travel Credit Card
2. New Delhi, July 04, 2012: American Express today launched theAmerican Express Platinum Travel Credit Card to offer theurban Indian unmatched travel experiences. The AmericanExpress Platinum Travel Credit Card offers cardmembers acomplimentary return domestic flights and a luxury hotel stay foreach year of membership. With IndiGo Airlines and the TajGroup as anchor partners, The American Express PlatinumTravel Credit Card offers cardmembers exclusive travel andlodging rewards and benefits. Cardmembers can also redeemtheir Membership Rewards points, earned from regularspending, for miles in more than 65 leading international anddomestic airlines.
3. The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card offers one ofthe ‘fastest ways to earn complimentary travel’ by combiningeveryday spending and accelerated spend based rewards.Cardmembers will get a welcome gift of 5000 bonusMembership Rewards points (worth IndiGo voucher of Rs 4,000)that will be credited to their account on the first charge andanother 7500 bonus Membership Rewards points (worth IndiGovoucher of Rs 6,000) on reaching the spend threshold of Rs1,90,000 within a renewal cycle. Once cardmembers reach thespend threshold of Rs 4,00,000 in the same renewal cycle, theywill get another 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points(worth IndiGo voucher of Rs 10,000) plus Rs 10,000 worth TajGroup vouchers.
4. In addition to the bonus points which gives complimentaryreturn flights and Taj Group vouchers, cardmembers will alsoearn Membership Reward points through regular spending andaccelerated rewards (5X and 10X) which can be redeemed from600 other redemption options with the most powerful RewardsProgramme in the country – The American Express MembershipRewards Programme.
5. According to Mr Shailesh Baidwan, Country Manager and Headof Consumer Cards business, American Express BankingCorp., “The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card is asignificant addition to our growing portfolio of offerings thatgive cardmembers greater need-based choices. The marketingalliance with IndiGo Airlines and the Taj Group have helped uscreate a valuable proposition with the best spend-linked benefitswhich would help those who enjoy travel and value quality. Thecard has been tailored to meet an underlying customer need fora complete travel product which offers value and flexibilitybacked by American Express’ best-in-class Platinum Services.”
6. Key highlights of the American Express Platinum Travel CreditCard:Platinum Travel• Up to 2 complimentary return flights aboard IndiGo for simply spending as low as INR 1,90,000 in a year• Up to 4 complimentary return flights aboard IndiGo and up to 2 room nights stay at the luxurious Taj Group, on spending INR 4,00,000 in a year• No hassles of mile conversion and black out dates on travel
7. Platinum Reward• Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every Rs 40 spent on the Card• 10 times Membership Rewards points at over 300 Platinum partners across India and Singapore• 10 times Membership Rewards points at MakeMyTrip on packages, stays and international flights, and 5 times Membership Rewards points for all domestic air bookings• 5 times Membership Rewards points on your groceries and supermarket shopping, all days of the week• Additionally, cardmembers will have flexibility to redeem all their Membership Rewards points for additional IndiGo and Taj vouchers and 600 other redemption options including leading airlines and hotels
8. Platinum Services• 24X7 Platinum Assist• Zero Lost Card liability• Online fraud protection guarantee• Emergency Card replacement• Online servicesPlatinum Privileges• Big purchases made easy with Pay-in-Parts privilege• Convert transaction above Rs 5000 in EMIs with the triple fold benefit (0% processing fee, 1.49% p.m. interest and no foreclosure charges)• Up to 25% discount across 400 plus premium restaurants
9. About American ExpressAmerican Express is a global services company, providingcustomers with access to products, insights and experiences thatenrich lives and build business success. Present in India since1921, American Express provides high quality travel relatedservices to individuals and corporates in India. American ExpressCard products available in India include the Green and GoldCharge Cards, Green and Gold Credit Cards, Airline Co-brandCards, the Corporate Charge Card, The Platinum Charge andCredit Card, and now the American Express Platinum TravelCredit Card.Learn more at www.americanexpress.co.in and connect with uson www.facebook.com/americanexpressindia
10. For further information please contact:American Express Banking Corp.Mrinall Kanti DeyManager – Public Affairs & CommunicationsMob: +919818449509Mrinall.firstname.lastname@example.orgPerfect RelationsAnchal GhoshManagerMob: +919971777207Anchal@perfectrelations.com