2. 2004: Welcome to thefacebook.comA snapshot from the earliest days ofFacebook. Before it had 1 billion users,the site was available to Harvardstudents only.
3. 2005: The original Facebook profileA Facebook profile in 2005 (back whenusers could specify they were looking for"Random play.")
4. 2006: Mark Zuckerbergs profile2006 brought Facebooks first majorredesign. A News Feed was added to ausers homepage, and a Mini Feedappeared on individual profile pages.
5. 2008: Facebooks homepageA sleeker welcome page for Facebooksgrowing number of users.
6. 2009: Facebook HomepageIn 2009, the News Feed was replaced with aReal-Time Stream. Facebook also askedusers, "Whats on your mind?" promptingFacebookers to share status updates.
7. 2010: Profiles get a faceliftFacebook overhauled its profile pagesagain in 2010.
8. 2010: Facebook PagesLove Lady Gaga? "Like" her on Facebook.In 2010, companies and celebrities couldinvite fans and customers to connectwith them on Facebook.
9. 2011: TickerFacebook stalking became even easier in2011 when a real-time activity feed wasadded to the homepage.
10. 2011: Video ChatIn 2011 Facebook enabled videocalling.
11. 2011: Hello Timeline!In 2011, the social networking giantditched the concept of a "wall" andintroduced Timeline. "Tell your life story,"urged Facebook.
12. 2011: Facebook subscribeFacebook enabled subscribe in 2011,allowing users to see peoples publicstatus updates and posts. Now called"follow," the features privacysettings still manage to trip up even themost savvy of Facebook users.
13. 2012: Facebooks AppCenterTo satisfy its increasinglymobile audience, in2012 Facebook rolledout its App Center. TheApp Center initiallyfeatured about 500Facebook apps, mostlygames.
14. 2012: Facebook acquires InstagramIn the spring of 2012, Facebook acquiredphotosharing site Instagram for onebillion dollars. Zuckerberg commented onthe acquisition, calling it "an importantmilestone for Facebook."