• On May 1, 1707, the Kingdom of England (including Wales) and the Kingdom of Scotland merged as a political union known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain.• Treaty of Union.• Queen Anne is the first monarch of the United Kingdom of Great Britain.• The Act of Union 1800 merged the Kingdom of Great Britain with the Kingdom of Ireland to create the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland On January 1, 1801. This is the result of several centuries of historic events including the War of American Independence. The union created an integrated Parliament of the United Kingdom.• During the 19th and early 20th century, the rise of Irish Nationalism emerged particularly in the Catholic population.• In 1916, an one-sidedly declared “Irish Republic” was announced in Dublin and resulted to the Anglo-Irish War that lasts until 1921. The Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1921 formed the Irish Free State and left the British Commonwealth without constitutional ties with UK and 6 northern Irish counties remained part of the United Kingdom.• The Royal and Parliamentary Titles Act 1927 renamed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland to United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
• The mayor difference between Mexico and the U.K. is the type of government.• Mexicos government is a Federal Representative Republic and is constituted by the Powers of the Union, which are the three branches of government: the Legislature, the Executive and the Judiciary.• U.K´s government is a Constitutional Monarchy a system of government in which a monarch is guided by a constitution where his/her rights, duties, and responsibilities are spelled out in written law or by custom.
• Since 2009, when the depression began in the country, there had been may job losses over the last few years causing mental health problems to increase.• According to the World Health Organization, each year, nearly one million people commit suicide in the world, representing 16 percent of 100,000 people, or one person every 40 seconds. For every suicide is a ratio of 20 attempts, according to WHO.• In the case of women has also been noted that longer delay starting a family, and since 2009, have increased by 10 percent of abortions in women over 30 years.• People between 36 and 45 years are most suffering from such mental problems.• In Britain, many workers have had to accept worse conditions of employment of the past 40 years, especially in the case of young people with youth unemployment of 20 percent.• The survey was conducted among 300 physicians, and three-quarters recognized that their patients are getting less healthy due to the economic climate.
The United Kingdoms neighboringcountries are Ireland and France.(It is connected to France by the Channel Tunnel.)It´s area is of94,060 sq mi.
• England consists of mostly lowland terrain,• Wales is less mountainous than north and mid Wales.• The geography of Ireland includes the Mourne Mountains as well as Lough Neagh, the largest body of water in the U.K. and Ireland.• The United Kingdom has a temperate climate, with plentiful rainfall all year round.• The temperature varies with the seasons, dropping below −11 °C or rising above 35 °C .• Mild winters; Heavy snowfall can occur in winter and early spring.
The U.K. capital is:•U.K´s most important cities are: •Manchester, •Sheffield, •Liverpool, •Leeds, •Nottingham, •Birmingham, •Coventry, Nottingham •Bristol, •London.
The recognized regional languages are: Proportion of Ethnic group total UK populationWhite British 85.67%White (other) 5.27%Indian 1.8%Pakistani 1.3%White Irish 1.2%Mixed 1.2%Black Caribbean 1.0% Mid-2010 estimate population:Black African 0.8% 62,262,000 peopleBangladeshi 0.5%Chinese 0.4%Other Asian (non- 0.4%Chinese)Black (others) 0.2%Other 0.4%
• The average person earns 26 552 USD a year.• Housing costs take up a large share of the household budget and represent the largest single payments for many individuals and families, households on average spend 23% of their net disposable income on keeping a roof over their heads.• People in United Kingdom spend 2 minutes per day in volunteering activities.• 77% of men have successfully completed high-school compared with 70% of women.• The British can expect to go through 16 years of education between the ages of 5 and 39.• The average student in the United Kingdom scored 500 in reading literacy, math and science.• Life expectancy at birth in the United Kingdom is just over 80 years.
• It was founded on May 1, 1707• It’s ruled by a monarchy that is a form of government in which power belongs to a single individual.• The UK armed forces has a total of 233,860 troops.
• Sir Winston Leonard Spencer- •Anthony Charles Lynton Churchill (30 November 1874 – 24 January Blair (born 6 May 1953) is 1965) Conservative politician and statesman known a British Labour Party politician who for his leadership of the United Kingdom during the served as the Prime Minister of the United Second World War. Kingdom from 2 May 1997 to 27.• Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Thatcher, (born 13 October 1925) is a British politician, the longest-serving (1979–1990) Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of the 20th century, and the only woman ever to have held the post.
• Antigua and barbuda• Australia• The Bahamas• Bangladesh• Barbados• Belize• Botswana• South Africa• India• Papua New Guinea• Maldives, etc.
• France• Spain• Germany• Holland• Russia• Iran• Zimbabwe• Countries with Islamic fundamentalism
• U.K´s Natural Resources • Coal, petroleum, natural gas, tin, limestone, iron ore, salt, clay, chalk, gypsum, lead, silica, arable land GDP (PPP) 2012 estimate Total $2,308.503 Billion GDP (nominal) 2012 estimate Total $2,452.689 Billion• £1 pound =1.56 dollars
• transport, manufactured goods and chemicals• weapons industry, worlds second largest contributor.• pharmaceuticals industry worlds third biggest earner• plastics, aerospace products, electrical and electronic equipment,alcohol,food,clothes,cars,motorbikes,films,books, music• Worlds biggest Entertainment Exports in history • Simon Cowel´s Pop Idol X factor and Britains Got Talent
• finished manufactured goods,• basic materials.• Food, beverages and tobacco• machinery and transport equipment,• chemicals, fuels,• clothing and footwear.
• The top 5 trading allies of U.K are: • U.S • Germany • France • Netherlands • Irish Republic