1. It’s no secret that social media and SEO are becomingincreasingly linked, but with so many differentnetworks, it can be difficult to assess what to focus on inyour online marketing efforts.
2. Google was relatively late to the social media partyin June 2011 it launched its own social medianetwork – Google+.
3. You have probably established presences for your businesson Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter. If you aren’t usingGoogle+ yet, you should join it.
4. In 2009 Google came to an agreement with Twitterto include real-time content from the social mediaprovider in its search results.
5. This was a huge investment, and with the agreement inplace, content and updates published by Twitter usersbegan appearing alongside Google search results.
6. This deal ran until June 2011, when the service came to anabrupt end and Twitter results were no longer featuredalongside the search results.
7. At the start of 2012, these were replaced with content fromGoogle’s new social media service, Google+. Today, recentcontent published by users profile information and Google+updates appear alongside search results in Google.
8. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the importance ofGoogle+ to SEO and social search. Google made significant investmentfor the rights to pull-in the content for Twitter just to abandon it afteronly a couple of years. By integrating content from its own socialmedia network into search results, Google has made a clear statementof intent that Google+ is here to stay.
9. Google defines the +1 as a feature to help people discover and sharerelevant content from the people they already know and trust.Users can +1 different types of content, including Google searchresults, websites, and advertisements. Once users +1 a piece ofcontent, it can be seen on the +1 tab in their Google+ profile, in Googlesearch results, and on websites with a +1 button.
10. Over the coming years, Google+ content will becomeincreasingly important to social media campaigns and withGoogle holding an 85% share of all global search traffic we’re sure it will also become an integral part of anysuccessful SEO campaign.