1. LA ORACIÓN PASIVA (1) PASSIVE SENTENCES (present, past, will)
2. ACTIVITY A1. Cakes are made from flour.2. We lived in a caravan in the garden while our house was being built.3. These cups were broken when we arrived.
3. ACTIVITIES B / C1. When was Mary examined by the doctor?2. When will the food be ready?3. How many times has this window been boken?1.- Mary wasn’t examined by the doctor this morning.2.- The food won’t be ready soon.3.- This window hasn’t been broken three times.
4. ACTIVITY D1. The drug penicillin was discovered by Alexander Fleming.2. The song Yesterday was written by the Beatles.3. The detective Hercules Poirot was created by Agatha Christie.4. The Eroica symphony was composed by Beethoven.5. Gone with the wind was written by Margaret Mitchell.6. Jurassic Park was directed by Steven Spielberg.7. The Mona Lisa was painted by Leonardo da Vinci.
5. ACTIVITY E1. The passengers were being rescued at 9 o’clock.2. The apples in the fridge aren’t going to be eaten.3. The new Harry Potter film will be shot in Brazil.4. Is their bedroom being painted again?5. The milk will be left on our doorstep.6. Was the match being watched by everyone?7. A beautiful aria is going to be sung by Pavarotti tonight.8. The report is being printed for the next meeting.
6. 41. LA ORACIÓN PASIVA (2)
7. ACTIVITY A1. All the windows have been cleaned this week.2. Some money has been stolen from Tom’s jacket.3. These shoes may be made in Spain.4. English should be spoken everywhere.5. This vase has been broken before.6. The heating had been repaired by November.7. Your teeth have to be brushed three times a day.8. These mountains can be seen from a great distance.9. White wine ought to be drunk chilled.
8. ACTIVITY B1. Mary was given some flowers.2. Jane was offered a wonderful job.3. All the children will be given a present.4. I was sent a strange letter.5. Mrs Jenkins will be paid over five hundred pounds.6. Ann has been promised a bicycle for her birthday.
9. ACTIVITY C1. The silver medal has been won by the French team.2. The guard dogs have been being trained by a woman.3. This game can be played by people of all ages.4. The match must be being watched by a large crowd.5. A reply could be sent by the secretary soon.6. The exams have been marked by two different teachers.
10. ACTIVITY D1. This music has been played by a thousand musicians.2. My father has been offered a good job.3. Those films have been directed by Ron Howard.4. The message was sent yesterday.5. She was lent an umbrella.6. Camacho trained the Olympic team.