Public Relations - practice of managing the communication between an organization and its publics
PR - traditionally, officially, a key element and intermediary in the communication between organization and media/employees, customers, investors….
Traditional PR tactics/techniques: Media Relations･ Media Tours･Newsletters･Special Events･Speaking Engagements･Sponsorships･Employee Relations･Community Relations and Philanthropy Traditional PR tools: press releases, interviews, brochures, research
How do you make the world spin when?
Why go into social media?
Transcript of "PR 2.0"
(Social) Public Relations
About the lecturer
• Academic background
– BA in Communication and Public Relations (Bucharest, Romania)
– MA in Management and Business Communication (Bucharest, Romania)
– MA in Strategic Communication (University of Missouri, USA, Fulbright scholar)
– Currently PhD candidate at the University of the West of Scotland (UK)
• Current position
– Independent Public Relations Consultant
• Former clients
– Romania: Coca-Cola, LaborMed Pharma, Kandia
– USA: Hallmark Cards, Albert Honda, Television Bureau of Advertising
– Brazil: hOw (help Our world)
– Belgium: Netlog
Internet users in the world
• Asia - 704 mil
• Europe - 402 mil
• North America - 251 mil
• Latin America/ Caribbean - 175 mil
• Africa - 65 mil
• Middle East - 47 mil
• Oceania/ Australia - 20 mil