1. Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom By: Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault Megan Ryan
2. About Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault• Martin -First Book: “The Little Squeegy Bug--The Story of the Firefly” (Published in 1945) -Wrote for 60 years• Archambault -Dedicated this book to his son, Arie Alexander Archambault -His works have appeared as featured selections on the PBS shows “Reading Rainbow” and “Storytime.”
3. Setting• This book takes place in the middle of the day on the ground• Next, still during the day, the alphabet starts moving into a coconut tree• The sun starts to set. Then, at night “a” starts going up the coconut tree again
4. Beginning• “a” starts a race up the coconut tree• Then, the rest of the alphabet comes racing up• Once all of the alphabet is on top of the tree… “Chicka chicka BOOM BOOM!”
5. End• All of the alphabet comes tumbling down onto the ground• Everyone is running around looking for their family, because they are all hurt• Then, when the sun goes down…• “a” starts the race again!