Installing Apache 2.4,MySQL 5.6 and Php 5.4
1. Download Apache 2.4 from http://www.apachelounge.com/download/ (httpd-2.4.1-
win32.zip) Apache 2.4.1.
2. Extract the zip and copy the contents to the folder name webserver.
3. Go to configuration file of apache and change the document root and server root to a
folder pointing to www where your files will be stored.
4. D Start apache in a DOS box:
Install as a service:
>httpd.exe -k install
Double click ApacheMonitor.exe
5. To test it worked type 'http://localhost' into your browser. You should get a screen up to
the effect that Apache is installed and working in screenshot 1.
6. Download the php folder from php.net.
7. Extract the contents to a folder name php in webserver.
8. Rename php.ini-development to php.ini and remove php.ini-production
9. In the same file. Search for the line starting DirectoryIndex. Change it as follows in
apache conf file.
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
10. You need to specify the extensions required i.e uncomment it
11. Uncomment line extension_dir = "ext"
12. Back in the 'cmd' window for Apache, you need to restart it to load your changes.
httpd -k restart
13. Navigate to www folder and create a file of php.Test it in your browser screenshot 2.
14. Install the MySQL database server on your PC. We will do this using the 'MSI' one-click
installer for Windows. Go to http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ and download the
'MySQL Installer for Windows'.
15. Install it with default options.
16. Add libmysql file into php/ext directory from mysql bin folder.
17. Configure it through the following command in php.ini
18. Restart the machine.
19. Open the mysql commandLine. Created a database named testdb .Created a table
named amy. Inserted few values into the database refer screeshot 4
20. Test the page using browser.