1. Factors Helpful inOvercoming Resistance to Change By:
2. Why are people willing to change inone situation and resistant to it in another? The answer is simple:
3. Reactions to Change
4. Resisting/Welcoming Change can be because of :
5. Success Factors for Implementing Change
6. The Change Equation DxVxF>RWhere,D = Dissatisfaction with how things are now;V = Vision of what is possible;F = First, concrete steps that can be taken towards thevision;If the product of these three factors is greater thanR = Resistance,then change is possible.Because D, V, and F are multiplied, if any one isabsent or low, then the product will be low andtherefore not capable of overcoming the resistance.
7. Factors helpful in overcoming resistance to Change• Education and communication.• Creating a vision.• Participation and involvement of members.• Facilitation and support.• Negotiation and agreement.• Advocating Leadership.• Reward systems.• Explicit and implicit coercion.• Climate conducive to communications.• Power strategies.• Being Transparent.• Manipulation and co-option.• High lighting the benefits of change.
8. Another alternativeThese three steps can also serve valuable inovercoming the resistance to change, the keylies in power sharing:1. Define the outcome you want.2. Suggest a path to achieve it.3. Allow people to reject your path as long as they choose an alternate route to the same destination.