Phone: (403) 998-2857
Calgary, AB firstname.lastname@example.org
Solutions focused and highly knowledgeable drilling engineering professional with 10+ years of experience in offshore and
onshore drilling operations. Combines advanced expertise in drilling fluid systems with a strong practical experience in all
facets of drilling onshore and offshore operations. Takes the initiative to investigate and resolve complex field issues. Proven
work an extensive record of successes identifying process, training and technology improvements, which deliver measurable
results in cost control, efficient team working, environmental protection, risk mitigation and well production.
Extensive knowledge of office work related software Proven to work Accumap Drilling Office, Landmark and
including MS Office, Well view & Rig view Drilling office software
Well integrity and QHSE management skills Rig Operations Streamlining & Optimization
Drilling Procurement life cycle analysis Deep Vertical and horizontal drilling & Geosteering systems
Well Planning, Casing Design, bit selection, and Drilling Cost Effective Negotiation Strategy of Operation, expert
Optimization working in international work environment
Efficient team work skills, High technical research abilities Underbalanced drilling, Managed pressure drilling, Core Hole
Excellent communication skills within team and with service Drilling
HUSKY ENERGY, DRILLING WEST 2007 - Present
Senior Drilling Engineer
• Designed BHA, drilling parameters and casing design for deep vertical and horizontal wells (HP/HT)
• Acquired experience on well drilling daily reports with recommendation for drilling optimization of Brazeue (critical sour gas), Lynx
deep horizontal, Ricinus (critical sour gas) and Wildhorse area wells (exploration and development wells)
• Planned drilling program for deep exploration well in Moose area
• Prepared external benchmarking for Lynx area horizontal, Rainbow Lake, and Ferrier areas wells
• Optimized bit selection for deep wells and constructed AFE for Lynx horizontal wells
• Designed and implemented weighted sweep for highly deviated and horizontal holes with high background and high seepage losses
Proactively identified and recommended solutions to avoid drilling problems, such as how to ensure wellbore stability,
tackling lost circulation, stuck pipe, and planned high background gas tripping practice
• Shared experiences with the less experienced drilling engineers and well site engineers in the team
• Reduced drilling cost by $2000 per meter in horizontal section in Lynx area horizontal wells
• Planned well program for two deep gas horizontal wells in Lynx area, lateral length up to 900m
• Reviewed well program for deep vertical critical sour gas exploration well, 4700 m, in Ricinus area
• Reduced drilling cost for surface hole drilling by $ 60K per well by using optimized BHA design and using Smith’s VertiDrill PDC bits
• Improved ROP 30% in Lynx deep horizontal wells by optimizing drilling fluid parameters and BHA
• Designed special sweeps for deep HT/HP high deviated and horizontal hole cleaning purposes.
Schlumberger (PEDCO - IPM JV) 2004 - 2006
Drilling Quality Control Engineer
• Supervised well drilling integrity management for Oil /Gas field Drilling Off/Onshore Projects.
• Reduced drilling operation NPT from 40% to 15% during 18 months.
• Reviewed and revised cost estimation for more than 55 horizontal and multilateral wells. (Wellhead pressure rating from 1200 to 5000
• Member of drilling engineering team for well planning and well design of 55 horizontal and multilateral wells using Schlumberger’s
Drilling Office software.
ALI KHOSROWZADEH Page 2
Assisted drilling team to achieve a record of 600 meters/day in deep horizontal drilling (sliding and drilling modes) with
Schlumberger’s Power Drive motor and Reed’s Trex PDC bit..
Selected jack up rigs for offshore drilling operation.
Supervised and utilized different QHSE system features such as: ERP (Emergency Response Plan), drilling QHSE RWP (Remedial
Work Plan), SQM (Service Quality Meetings) and PMS (Preventive Maintenance System)
Effectively managed drilling services contracts regarding Key Factors and quality requirements
Schlumberger (PEDCO - IPM JV) 2000-2004
Member of well planning & design team for development of low production oil and gas fields. Designed 100 re-entry, horizontal and
multilateral wells (sour and sweet) and increased production rate of approximately 200,000 bbl/day
Proposed, investigated and reviewed Drill Bit Selection for different drilling operation requirements.
Determined and coordinated appropriate well completion techniques; used and worked with Baker’s Monobore completion system,
Smith’s liner hangers and packers, Halliburton and Schlumberger’s down hole equipment.
Assessed costs and evaluated the economic viability of potential drilling locations (AFE, cost estimation and cost analyses).
Implemented Drilling trouble shooting during rig spot, drilling operation, logging, and well testing, well flowing and well hand over to
Member of wellhead and completion design team for about 100 gas and oil wells (sour and sweet).
Structured and implement health, safety and environmental controls on drilling operations.
Improvised, performed, and actively monitored the whole drilling procurement process regarding engineering and quality assurance
Used Schlumberger’s Shell 2000 system to manage contractors and drilling operation quality
• Mud logger (1995-2000), drilling rotary equipment quality control engineer (1992-1995), assistant driller
Bachelor of Auto/Diesel Engines Degree 1983 - 1987
B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, Major: Gas Industry 1987 - 1991
Reed Drilling Bit Design and Bit Selection 2005
SAIT Petroleum upstream certificate 2007-2008
Drilling Engineering Certificate 1999
Drilling Office, Schlumberger, Calgary 2002
HQSE Management System, Shell, Calgary 2004
Reed Drilling Bit Design and Bit Selection 2005
H2S alive Certificate + CPR with Enform 2007
OpWorks Supervisor Certificate 2007
Second line well control & SARA with Enform 2008
Halliburton Mud School 2008
Membership to Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA)
Member of SPE